Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Warning Lights

Monkeyzak

I have had 3 warning lights appear on my dash yesterday. Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Control & Engine Management Light. They came on during the really cold weather last year, but all you had to do was switch the engine off and on and it was sorted.

Now its coming on and staying on. I need new rear discs and pads. Can it be anything to do with this?

I'd rather not go to a Toyota Dealer with it.

Its a 52plate TSport. Also, I was quoted £120 for rear discs and pads. Does that sounds reasonable?

Any help or advice much appreciated. I'm seriously considering trading it in against a DS3, but if I can get it fixed cheaply, I'd probably hang on to it. I am concerned its nearly 10 years old and got 90,000 miles on it. Its been totally reliable over the last 3 years, but wondering if this is the start of problems

Cheers

Del

Turning the engine on and off doesn't always clear them.

Pull the 15a fuses, that will reset everything and clear the lights, if they come back on get a code reader to find out what fault code is being thrown up

:thumbsup:

Picked it up from the garage. They put it on a reader and didnt get anything. Reset it and the lights are off. They came on once on the way home, but is fine just now. Also had new rear discs and pads fitted and new hand brake pins. £205 for the lot. Dont know if thats good or not. Sounds a lot for brakes I thought. Hey ho. Tis done now. Hopefully that'll be the last for a while.

Then the road tax came in today!! :crybaby:

DS3? is that some sort of renault or citroen? please don't say you're seriously considering swapping jap for a european (non german) car? i think you paid bit over the odds for the work you had done but if it was done to a good standard and the problems have gone away then keep the car would be my advice. especially if you've just bought tax for it too!

Not taxed it yet.

I was very impressed by the Citroen DS3. It handles better than my Corolla, does 60 to the gallon, zero road tax. It seemed well put together. 5 years time? Who knows. Probably in bits. I'm not a fan of German Cars. Totally over rated. Audi and VW in particular. Never had a beamer.

On the way home, my T sport was driving perfectly. I've decided to keep it another 6 months and see how its going. Agreed. I think Jap cars are the most sorted. My Mrs had a wee Saxo VTR tin box from new to 9 years. Round the clock and never missed a beat. My Golf? DREADFULL!!! Thats my second one that spent more time getting the dealer to fix things.

THe Corolla is a genuinely well put together car. I wish it had more torque though. Not a lot of low down power, and not a great handling car.

I bought my Rolla when it was 6 years old as a stop gap when I moved back from overseas. Dont regret it for a second, and the stopgap............3 months tops I thought? I've had it 3 years. Nothing generally goes wrong, so just kept thinking..............why sell it.

Will most likely keep it till the next MOT.

Where are the 15A fuses? Can anyone help? Are they under the bonnet or behind the ashtray.

Sadly the dreaded 3 lights came on again today!!! GGGGRRRR.

Ironically..............the car has never run more smoothly.

Not really sure if I should be worried about it. Nothing came up on the code reader when it was in last. the guy reset things are they only came back on 5 days later.

Any help much appreciated.

Found it. But theres quite a few 15amp fuses. What 2 is it?

I also found a fuse box behind the ashtray.

Does anyone know the exact fuses to come out?

It's the 2 Blue fuses... you only actually need to pull one of them but i can never remember which! :lol:

If you look on the underside of the plastic lid for the fuse box there's a little mapping of all the fuses. It's ECU or similar, can't remember exactly but the 15A its next to is DOME (cabin dome light).

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links