Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Battery Died, Need Help

pero-zdero

Hello everyone,

I need some help. Battery on my avensis totally died, and after replacing it with the new one I have noticed that my windows won't open all the way down when I press the button. I guess the Battery was totally drained that there was no juice in it and the program for "all auto" was erased.

Can anyone help me how to re-program this feature. Is there a how-to instruction, or a link, or anything else that will show me how to fix this problem, or I need to visit a dealership to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

Hello everyone,

I need some help. Battery on my avensis totally died, and after replacing it with the new one I have noticed that my windows won't open all the way down when I press the button. I guess the battery was totally drained that there was no juice in it and the program for "all auto" was erased.

Can anyone help me how to re-program this feature. Is there a how-to instruction, or a link, or anything else that will show me how to fix this problem, or I need to visit a dealership to fix it.

Thanks in advance.

You need someone to help you with this. To normalise the power windows it is necessary to disconnect the Battery while the window is in motion so loosen the Battery terminal and operate a window and have your helper pull off the lead. Reconnect the Battery and raise the window and continue to hold the switch for two seconds. Try the window for correct operation including anti-jam. Start with the driver's door. If this fails it may be a dealer job.

Fitter

You need someone to help you with this. To normalise the power windows it is necessary to disconnect the battery while the window is in motion so loosen the battery terminal and operate a window and have your helper pull off the lead. Reconnect the battery and raise the window and continue to hold the switch for two seconds. Try the window for correct operation including anti-jam. Start with the driver's door. If this fails it may be a dealer job.

Fitter

Thanks for replying. I didn't get a chance to try it, but I will, over the weekend and will report with the results.

This didn't work for me, or I didn't do it right. I tried but didn't get the results I hoped for.

Does anyone else have any idea where I might look for the answer to this problem.

Just and update. I visited a local mechanic regarding another issue that I had (brake caliper was stuck) and I told him about windows, and he told me that he had the same issues with Renault and Peugeot vehicles. The only thing that I had to do, is to press the button all the way down and keep it pressed while it was going down, and keep it pressed while it was going up. This is called a "reset". And it worked. I also tried anti jam, and that worked as well... This had to be done on each window.

Just thought to share this info in case someone gets in the same situation that i did.

Thanks for the update, I have disconnected my Battery today to try and clear a fault, so this information might come in very handy.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links