Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Prius Stereo Setups

Steelcityuk

Hi all,

I was reading a post where a owner was comparing his Gen 2 to Gen 3 Prius. A couple of members posted that they had installed sub woofers in their Prii, I've added a 6.5" active Bazooka tube in mine connected to the rear channels of the JBL amp. What have others done to add subs and what are the results like?

Thanks.

Steve.

Ive never really upgraded any car radio, working on the principle that most factory ones are OK. However, the standard Gen 2 one is poor. I'd substitute the head unit for a normal Sony one if it was a normal car, but the built-in nature of it is tricky.

Would love to hear of a simple upgrade that improves things.

I've done a few changes to my Gen2 prius with the JBL system. I started by modifying the poxy dash mounted speaker a little as I found it really contributed to the tinny sound set up. It's common to just unplug it which makes a big difference straight away. However I opted for fitting a resistor in line to lower the volume output from it a little so it blends in more.

Then i've fitted sound deadening in all the doors which made another big difference to the sound. From this point I was a lot happier with the system. Finally I fitted a JBL subwoofer in the boot which was great value for money. It's no boy racer style sub, it merely complements the sound and helps where the door Speakers roll off.

My latest addition has been a bluetooth aux in module which enables me to play music from my phone via the aux in connection in the centre console.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links