Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starter Motor 04 1.8 Petrol

15"L7

Hi all , just wondering did anyone ever had to replace the starter motor ? I spend half of the !Removed! day under my 04 1.8 petrol Avensis and just couldnt find where is the second bolt holding it !!!! One of them is easy just comes out ( The one on the bottom ) just where da hell is the other one and how to get to it ???? :dontgetit:

Here is a link to a picture of the starter motor:

http://www.ebay.co.u...#ht_1320wt_1169

The bolt head will be hidden behind the solenoid. You will probably need a socket on a long extension bar to reach it.

Here is a page from the workshop manual:

StarterMotor1.jpg

Thank you gazza , i did try to find it with extension bar , its just so damn tight there coz the !Removed! intake manifold right on the top of the starter , so was just wondering maybe someone knew some magic/easy way :D Got so pisd of about it yesterday , so i wacked da !Removed! starter with the hammer few times , and then it was working for the rest of the day , i went to few places parked the car , and then it was starting again everytime , but this morning i got in to it to go to work and it wouldnt !Removed! work again :oops: . So id say if i could get it off somehow take it apart clean it out and re-oil it , mite be alrite after that with a bit off luck , if not willl have to replace it , but to do that still have to take it off somehow :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links