Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Fault Code Reader ?

ant1669

Hi i have just joined TOC and need to pick your brains,

I have a 01 avensis 1.8 vvti, my engine fault light came on yesterday about 5 miles from home,

So i decided to look on eBay for a fault code reader, all the ones that i looked at listed toyota from 01>

But did not have the avensis listed in the expansive list of cars that the code reader`s would do,

And to confuse me even more i found a converter lead (16 to 17 pin) for toyota also on eBay,

i have checked the car and it has a 16 pin socket,

Is there anyone that can cut through the confusion for me, is there any particular make or type that is suitable for my avensis

Thanks

Thanks TIMSON iam watching it on eBay right now, i se by your profile you are a vvti owner, what cc and year is yours,

and hows it

2001 1.8, the Elm 327 works fine and is easy to use, but you need a laptop for mine [ the same as the one in the eBay link]. I understand there is a phone app, but have no info.

Hey Guys,

Sorry to post in someone elses question, I have a 99 SR, does my car use the same reader? I'm looking for a USB version :)

Hey Guys, Sorry to post in someone elses question, I have a 99 SR, does my car use the same reader? I'm looking for a USB version :)

Yes it does.

There is one on eBay called mini techstream cable. I belive its what the dealerships use. Software is available from certain web sites. A member called Joylove would be a better person to ask..

This software will access all the modules in the car not just the ECU

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links