Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2.2 D-4D T180 Head Gasket Going Again And Not Covered By Toyota?

janeko

Hi Everyone, new on this forum.

2007 D-4D T180 Avensis Estate with 105K clocked...

I was puffing white smoke a couple of times so I thought it would be wise to check. Told this morning the head gasket is starting to go.

However (!) my car had already head gasket done at 66K and that was covered by the "known-fault warranty" (Bulletin WB553) so they tell me this time it's on me! Supposedly because the parts fitted at 66K are not faulty... well I figure that if it goes again after 40K they are faulty all right!

My local dealer (Toyota Inchcape @ Oxford) are raising the issue with the Toyota Customer Service.

It has a full Toyota Service history. Any advice? Anyone had experience with this?

Is there any chance this is not the head gasket even though it is showing a little tint on their block test? (not sure exactly how this works, but supposedly mine is just showing slight signs of the exhaust leaking).

I should add, I bought the car 6 months ago at 100K. Maybe someone knew something they have not told me...

Thanks in advance! If I have to pay for it then it's not worth it really.... at 4K!

Welcome to TOC...

I've had 2 new 3/4 (Dealer build) engines fitted to my Avensis T-180 now and both didn't cost me a penny! Toyota mybe changing the goal post on these engines being done as its costing them a fortune!!!... Not good for any of us! there are quite a few members on her that are on there 2nd engine and getting a wee bit worried!.......... Including me

I would have been tempted to say just try another dealer...on the chance that they might just do it FOC and then expect Toyota UK to pay for it.

If they do refuse then I would want to have an inspection done to the engine and if it had failed for the same reasons as before then I think you might have something of a case.

Problem is that the car is out of warranty and HG do fail sometimes...

One other though is if you can find the dealer who did the repair and see if they think it should have lasted more than 40k.

Tim

Good news!

TCS came back, they will replace the engine free of charge. Nice!

whoever designed it is not working for T anymore I guess :D

Good news! TCS came back, they will replace the engine free of charge. Nice! whoever designed it is not working for T anymore I guess :D

RESULT! nice one mate

I'd forgotten just how good that bass line was :yes: ( I've got some Celestion Hi-FI Speakers hooked up to my PC) .... and a reminder that Freddie was brilliant!

Pete.

Just a quick update. Back with a new engine and running smoothly! Made one man happy!

Nice one! Just keep using the good fuels and enjoy that new engine!... :eat:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links