Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Pads And Discs For Avensis (Estate 2.2 D-Cat T180)

janeko

It seems I have to get the whole lot changed.

Mr T with fixed pricing would charge 460 pounds. So that is my benchmark.

I figured I should be able to get a better value/quality for the money if I buy the parts online and have them fitted locally.

What would you recommend in that budget? I reckon the pads will last for loong so I don't mind spending a bit more if that is worth. But would be equally happy to pay less if one can get similar quality for less £££.

All advice appreciated!

PS. I saw the post about Pagid. This was a cheaper option I considered fitter by "Mr Clutch" for £330. I'm certainly not going for this anymore!

I think that MTEC are a great set up and far better than the Bosch original ones! I have drilled and groved (Black addition) and they cost £210 delivered as far as I remember. the Pagid ones I got for my T-180 were awful and the wrong size!!!...

I think that MTEC are a great set up and far better than the Bosch original ones! I have drilled and groved (Black addition) and they cost £210 delivered as far as I remember. the Pagid ones I got for my T-180 were awful and the wrong size!!!...

All very well but their website comes up with two options which differ by .. 0.5mm:

http://www.mtecbrakes.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&zenid=&drop_1=TOYOTA&drop_2=Avensis+Mk+II+Estate&drop_3=2.2+D-CAT+2231cc+Year%3A+05-09&keyword=TOYOTA+Avensis+Mk+II+Estate+2.2+D-CAT+2231cc+Year%3A+05-09&submit=Search

Gave them a call and they can't really help. Told me they will investigate and call me back...

You wouldn't remember which ones you got?

thanks

All very well but their website comes up with two options which differ by .. 0.5mm:

http://www.mtecbrake...9&submit=Search

Gave them a call and they can't really help. Told me they will investigate and call me back...

You wouldn't remember which ones you got?

thanks

Its been ages now since I did them mate... I'll try and find the invoice to see if it states the size on there and get back to you if I find it...

MTEC discs (I went grooved+ black, cost £170) plus Ferodo Premier (~£60) pads here & I'm happy.

They stop the car quicker & with better pedal feel imo.

1 x Toyota Avensis Tourer 2.2D-4D 07/05-09/08 Performance Front Rear Brake Discs

Front Discs Specification:

Vented - Studs 5

Disc diameter 295.0mm

Disc thickness 26.0mm

Overall height 49.3mm

Centre diameter 62.0mm

Minimum thickness 24.0mm Rear Discs Specification:

Solid - Studs 5

Disc diameter 280.0mm

Disc thickness 10.0mm

Overall height 59.0mm

Centre diameter 62.0mm

Minimum thickness 8.0mm

• 1 month later...

Whats the best method/tool to use to get calipers back in when changing front discs on your Avensis?

Mistermena... can you suggest an online shop where you sourced the Ferodo Premier pads you mention?

Thanks!

Mistermena... can you suggest an online shop where you sourced the Ferodo Premier pads you mention?

Thanks!

You could try Opie Oils website. Or maybe buypartsby.co.uk or Euro Car Parts? Or eBay...

• 4 weeks later...

Can anyone comment on these discs/pads? (Pads are Mintex... not clear who makes the discs...)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Avensis-2-2D-4D-05-08-Front-Rear-Brake-Discs-Pads-/170651891042?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27bba53562#ht_910wt_905

More detail at the bottom of the listing...

I seem to remember looking at these when I was shopping & deciding that it was an alias for MTEC (compare VAT nos.).

dimpled & grooves gives you a similar look to drilled & grooved but without the potential risk of cracking that you can get with drilled (not that I expect that you would be driving in an Avensis in a way likely to do that).

• 3 weeks later...

Well... I acquired new discs direct from www.mtecbrakes.co.uk which arrived within 2 days. Very nice. And Mintex pads.

I figured the brakes were not quite right ever since we got the car. And now I know why!!!

Take a look at the attached, and pay particular attention to the outside edges. Seems like the edges were doing most of the braking. So we were getting about 20% normal braking power.

Needless to say, the brakes are now fantastic!

post-2429-0-37086200-1335095754_thumb.jp

post-2429-0-48116900-1335095765_thumb.jp

Only down side with Mintex pads they are very dusty Compaired to Toyota oe pads if it was me I would buy blueprint pads and discs very high quality parts

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links