Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

How To Access Internal Fans

adman

Bonjourno,

I've recently acquired a 2001 D4-D 2 litre Avensis. Generally it goes very well with few issues. One problem is that the interior fans / air conditioning make a funny noise when turned on. It is a deep, flapping noise which makes me think that there is something caught in the fan. Also, they are pretty weak even when on maximum. All I want to know is how to get to the fans to check them, is it through the inside or under the bonnet??

Cheers ta :)

Not sure if this is what you mean?!... But the cab Denso fan is behind the glove box and sitting on that is the pollen filter! Sounds like it could do with a change if its blocked...

Thanks for reply,

what is a denso? And when you say it is behind the glove box do you mean I can get to it through there? is there a hatch or something?

Denso is the electric motor maker... The glove box (if its like my T-180) can be opened up and there is a runner that hold the lid! take the screw out and the lip will drop! pull the lip away from the glove box and there you'll find the pollen filter sitting ontop of the Denso fan...

Hi there

In regards the Pollen filter, it is in the footwelll by the clutch pedal. To access pull back the carpet to the left of the Clutch pedal (the upright part on the gearlever tunnel). You should see a flap about 6" tall. Open this and pulll out the first Pollen filter. The second filter sits on top of this and should then drop down. They clog up after a while (usually seen by more frequent windscreen misting), but are only about £15 a pair. They are however a bit of a swine to get back in, as you hve to hold one up, while sliding the other in underneath.

Will look uptonight how you access fans

Best of luck

Buzby

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links