Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Deadlock Problem

carlu

Hi all,

First post from me here as searching google kept throwing up pages from this club but not with the actual info I am after so hoping for a chance to be pointed in the right direction.

Anyway, here is my problem. I have 2001 Y reg Avensis 1.6i 5 door. The buttons on my key fob fell out a few months ago so I have been using the lock manually since then. Now the barrel has gone in the drivers door.

I managed to open the boot via the key manually and get in to the car, where i then pressed the CL button on the door panel to open the other doors. Thing is, the deadlock on the drivers door was put on the last time I locked it using the key so now the drivers door doesn't open and I'm not sure what to do.

I am currently just leaving it unlocked and getting in the passenger side of the car every time which is quite annoying. I have spoken to Toyota and been quoted £34 for a new barrel and key and £50 for one that matches my current key but the guy in parts said he didn't know if there was a way to override the deadlock as there is no chance of getting the door panel off to replace the barrel when the door is shut.

Just thought someone on here could maybe point me in the right direction and tell me how I can fix this?

thanks in advance for any help and anything else you need to know just ask.

cheers

Carl

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links