Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1.6L 2006 Irish Model Kph To Mph Conversion

Domhnaill

Hello,

as i have stated above i am trying to get my Toyota Avensis 1.6L irish model converted from Kilometers per hour to miles per hour so i can get it re-reg'd with british plates but i am having serious difficulty as i cannot find anyone who can do it now of course toyota will do it for £800 but that's just not worth it as they even said them self's and i have tried buying a chip but aparently they are only suitable for early model's and not later one's like mine so i have hit literally a brick wall with this and am seeking advice as i am not mechanicly minded can anyone with a bit of knowledge help me out? or know anyone who can do this type of work? thanks to all who took time to read this :D

I was looking at a thread on boards.ie about this, and the general consensus was that you'd be better off selling it privately here, and picking up another in the UK.

Does the Irish Avensis not show mph at all?

Nah just kilometers Mark which is strange but there you go, so its really a catch 22 for me because it would be serious hassle to sell it over home now but am begining to think its the only option left

So Toyota are saying it can be switched over for 800 pounds.

I should think that if thats the final figure then its probably easier to get that done then to sell up at a cheap price and then having to buy a replacement car.

As for the Toyota garage saying its not worth it well what do they deem as worth it then. Its a 2006 car if they are saying an 800 pound job isnt worth doing then that sounds silly to me

Red diesel

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links