Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Display Diagnostics Mode On A T3 2010

Thrawn60

Hey all,

Been some time since I was online last, and saw that we now have a nifty revamped design of the forum, nice :)

But my question of the day is....

Do anyone know what button combination I have to hit to get into display diagnostics, since I have seen that ECO, throttle level etc is burned in the display so when I puddle along with the 1 min consumption screen active, I can see ECO and other display bits stuck in the screen.

I'm overdue for a service anyway, so want to get there and point out this problem, but since being in Thailand, I have to make sure they can see the error, and not wanting to race to Mr. T to ensure I have maxed out the fuel consumption so they can see it that way. :)

Hope that any one knows how to do this.

Michael

Didn't know there was a diagnostic screen on the T3, so I haven't a clue.

I don't believe you can, well not easily anyhow. I understand there are some sequences to adjust things - such as turn headlights on and off 3 times, press such and such button, hold your ear with your left hand and then turn wipers on twice. But I usually just ask the dealers to adjust things if required at service.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe you can, well not easily anyhow. I understand there are some sequences to adjust things - such as turn headlights on and off 3 times, press such and such button, hold your ear with your left hand and then turn wipers on twice. But I usually just ask the dealers to adjust things if required at service.

Yeah, that was the sort of thing I was looking for... I tried all the normal stuff like pushing all button like crazy, limping around the car performing a rain dance, while kicking the tires... and nothing worked so far.

The reason I ask is that my assumption of Toyota mechanics in Thailand came true... NO CAN DO, was the answer when I asked them to hook up the laptop to test all the lights in the dashboard including the MFD...

They claimed that they only have a computer to adjust the engine settings and such things, so couldn't do anything in the inside of the car what so ever.

I will trawl the prius chat to see if there is any one there that has posted the magic scroll of rituals to get all the lights going.

Oh and for my problem with the mfd that is has a shadow from one of the screens being displayed at all time... Toyotas solution was to turn off the display.....

Guess I'm more lucky than the lady I met that has noise from the air all the time... which to my surprise Toyota told her was normal... until I showed them into mine where there were no noise.

The reason I ask is that my assumption of Toyota mechanics in Thailand came true... NO CAN DO, was the answer when I asked them to hook up the laptop to test all the lights in the dashboard including the MFD...

They claimed that they only have a computer to adjust the engine settings and such things, so couldn't do anything in the inside of the car what so ever.

I had the reversing beep beep adjusted to just a single beep when Reverse is engaged and also had the seatbelt reminder beeps on the rear seat turned off. So it appears some things can be adjusted by the dealer.

hmm... maybe I should stop by the head office in Bangkok to see if they have other options than my dealer had...

• 2 months later...

Hey all,

Been some time since I was online last, and saw that we now have a nifty revamped design of the forum, nice :)

But my question of the day is....

Do anyone know what button combination I have to hit to get into display diagnostics, since I have seen that ECO, throttle level etc is burned in the display so when I puddle along with the 1 min consumption screen active, I can see ECO and other display bits stuck in the screen.

I'm overdue for a service anyway, so want to get there and point out this problem, but since being in Thailand, I have to make sure they can see the error, and not wanting to race to Mr. T to ensure I have maxed out the fuel consumption so they can see it that way. :)

Hope that any one knows how to do this.

Michael

1) With your foot off the brake, press the power button once to get into IG-ON mode.

2) Hold the Display button on the MFD down and at the same time switch the lights on and off 3 times.

You should now see the diagnostic display menu.

Play with anything you find here at your own risk.

One of the useful things you can check is the state of the aux 12V Battery. To do this press "Menu" on the top right of the screen. On the next screen that comes up, press "Display Check". Then press "Vehicle Signal Check".

On the screen that comes up next at the top left it shows the voltage of the 12V Battery. A good reading should be between 12.3V - 12.8V. You can test the Battery with a load by pressing the power button one more time to go into ACC ON mode. When you do this (and with some accessories running) you should see a drop. As long as it doesn't go below 11.4V your battery should be good. Anything less, be prepared to get Mister T to check and change. Or if you are interested (and out of warranty), search the forums and have a go yourself. One last interesting thing you can do is go ahead and start the car. The voltage should jump up to anywhere between the 13.6V - 14.4V acceptable range. This means the charging circuits is functioning correctly.

When you are finished hold the display button down until the normal display comes back. Or, just turn the car off.

Joseph D, yup that is the guide when you have the navigator unit right? Mine does not have this... this is a new feature they just added to the new launch here in Thailand, but it's soon time for service again, so I will check what a original navigator unit will cost and maybe replace my old unit.

I needed to adjust the 'gain' on the microphone for the bluetooth and accessed that menu by pressing the 'info' button and then turning the lights on and off 3 times while in 'aux'. But as previously said touch things at your own risk. There are quite a few videos on 'You Tube' dealing with this which might be worth a look first.

Take care and good luck

Joseph D, yup that is the guide when you have the navigator unit right? Mine does not have this... this is a new feature they just added to the new launch here in Thailand, but it's soon time for service again, so I will check what a original navigator unit will cost and maybe replace my old unit.

Joseph D's is a Gen 2 in his sig. MFD screen on all models.

On my Gen 3 T-Spirit you press the "INFO" button and turn the lights on and off 3 times, does the Gen 3 T3 or T4 have an "INFO" button.

... you press the "INFO" button and turn the lights on and off 3 times, ...

FYI, this also works on the Gen II T-Spirit.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links