Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oil Cleaning Additive.. T Sport

Snyder

Having power issues still since I changed my old sludge for clean oil, wondering if there's anything I can add to my oil to help free up some potential blocks that are affecting my lifters from fully functioning.. Will change the oil again but after another 900 miles or so, so want something I can safley add to it now?

Having power issues still since I changed my old sludge for clean oil, wondering if there's anything I can add to my oil to help free up some potential blocks that are affecting my lifters from fully functioning.. Will change the oil again but after another 900 miles or so, so want something I can safley add to it now?

Just use an engine flush before you change the oil again

A few people on here mentioned not to use a flush, I've only got 43k on the clock.. Apparently

It can cause damage, I think it needs it though, gonna go to halfrauds tomo and see what's about

The one I've used in the past that has worked well for me is Forte!... These are just for the trade use, but can be bought off eBay for around £5... There are other manufactures of similar engine flushes out there that Halfords stock...

A few people on here mentioned not to use a flush, I've only got 43k on the clock.. Apparently It can cause damage, I think it needs it though, gonna go to halfrauds tomo and see what's about

I wouldn`t use one that had regular oil changes but in the in OPs case yes

How long did the car go between oil changes? Is it driven hard?

Well previous owner hadn't done it in over a year, I put it off for a few months since I had it and when I changed it last weekend it ouzed out just over a litre of pure black tar! So my new oil has gone in but it would of all been thickly coated still inside. And yeah hard is a good choice of word.. Will change it again but gonna let it run for a 1000 miles first.

Tuff choice to make !

Not a big fan of these additives as cars I have used them on in the past have rattled as if the engine is going to fall apart after using them.

But it sounds as if you might not have any other choice but to try it.

Good luck sounds as if you need it.

Have you considered the fact that you might have dodgy lift bolts if the car wasn't serviced properly and lift was being used was it getting enough oil to prevent damage.

This is a tough one, i know someone who's CTS engine blew due to this, IIRC they do have a weakness with oil starvation and or clogging. Its been 3yrs since i sold the CTS so things are rusty in my head now.

When Mr T serviced my old car they always used an engine flush. I think i would rather risk an engine flush than drive a high revving car that was coated in sludge.

As Eddie says the lift bolts might want doing, they are cheap and on an 02 might be quite worn if original. The earlier cars had an inferior bolts IIRC.

i still think your ocv needs a clean and another change of oil at the same time, if that doesnt work then check your lift bolts, if none of that works then its probably worn intake cams.

Well I'm gonna change the oil at some point but today I got some oil additive specifically for cleaning and removing built up bits in lifting valves for less than a tenner.. And fingers crossed after only doing a few miles in it since I put it in.. It seems fine again, if not better than it was. So hopefully sorted it but if it decides to play up in the next couple of days then I'm gonna have to get it looked at.. Cheers guys, for now lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links