Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Chargebox consumption and derived stuff

cruiseren

Apperently my 2024 awd would need something like

y = (100 - x) * 70.4 * 1.15

in kwh to charge back up to 100%, x being the SOC (state of charge) to start with in a fraction between 0 to 100 (percent)

This was observed from 30-80% SOC at temperatures slightly above freezing to some 10 degrees Celcius using my home 11kw Easee box

It may sugges the full nominel (beyound usable) capacity of the Battery is at play with a charge overhead/loss for heating at around 15% - or that the overhead for heating battery/cabin is bigger still

During summer it may be possible to make a better assessment of the overhead/loss since less heating up would be expected

So please take this indicational only at this point. I am of course also only guessing the capacity at play but lowering it would make the overhead even larger

Using that figure the cost of energy running my bz on average is 22.7 kwh per 100 kms, or 4.4km/kwh on the first 3000 kms on relatively flat landscape with quite a fraction of motorways. For me that equals so far an average 0.02 EUR/GBP per km or 15% of my former diesel cost for the fuel 🤑 Energy pricing may be even lower up ahead (due to summer, for instance)

As BEV's are in every aspect cheaper (buy, loans, insurance, taxes, service) or a lot cheaper (energy) compared to fossils at my place is seems quite hard to regret my crossing-over 🥳

The bz's own suggestion is a range of 311 kms with A/C, 358 kms without. Practices suggest around 300 kms with my circumstances up to 130kms/h where feasible. Keeping it below 110kms/h may be a better fit to the range model used by the bz from where I see it

Since I got rid of 3 elder fossiles (one as the toy and spare when one of the others had a defect), I'm still looking into the better option for another BEV - having the awd-exec or solterra touring on the radar (current one an awd-prestige), or try out an eqa-amg-350 since there is quite an offer for a 12month lease on that on now, making finances on the same levels, even if consumption may be larger (the least part of things, obviously)

• Like 1

Hi Henrik,it would be interesting to continue monitoring charging efficiency across different temperatures and driving styles.Warmer weather might improve overall efficiency, potentially leading to slightly increased range.:smile:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hm, the formula needs adjustment - now it just consumed 53.7kwh instead of 64.8 from 20-100% - difference possibly from a warmer Battery from more recent drive and warmer weather

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links