Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Extra storage?

Dbs99

Anyone know if this storage is anything specific? Behind the rear seats, about 15x15cm. Runs the width of the boot. 

I thought it might be for the boot cover but it’s too long?

IMG_2539.jpeg

I have the same car.   I think it's just general storage (for things that you aren't going to want to get at very often!).

Wonder if its to get at emergency stuff like triangles, first aid etc via rear seats when boot is full? Just a thought. My TS has the same.

17 minutes ago, Corolly Poly said:

Wonder if its to get at emergency stuff like triangles, first aid etc via rear seats when boot is full? Just a thought. My TS has the same.

I was surprised Toyota don't provide them as standard.  I kept mine from my Merc.

2 hours ago, Dbs99 said:

Anyone know if this storage is anything specific? Behind the rear seats, about 15x15cm. Runs the width of the boot. 

IMG_2539.jpeg

Detachable tow bar storage. 

18 minutes ago, Roy124 said:

I was surprised Toyota don't provide them as standard.  I kept mine from my Merc.

Mine arrived with a pack in the boot containing high vis vests (4), first aid kit, warning triangle and UK sticker. 

It's Toyota branded so I thought that it was 'standard issue' although I suppose that it could have been added by the dealer. 

Simon, my dealer has such a pack on display in the boot of a BZ4X in the showroom.   I think it is a sell on item.  In your case  maybe a gift.

My Corolla,  4 years ago, came with a zipped container with lots of Toyota branded care stuff.  I have yet to use the one-shot screen wash or the leather care product (not having leather seats).   Not used their shampoo yet either.

When I got the Yaris, I only got glass cleaner and bug cleaner, and a cuddly toy called ITCO or something. 

I got NOTHING when I bought my car in 2019. I paid for the paint treatment and the kit for that was in a cardboard box! My previous Citroen kit came in a proper hold-all with all the bottles clipped in and much more stuff - it also cost a lot less😡

5 hours ago, Dbs99 said:

IMG_2539.jpeg

As far as I can tell it's just there to bridge the gap between the seats and the load floor when you have it in the upper position (making the boot floor level when you drop the seats).

If you want maximum boot space it can be removed.

2 hours ago, SDR said:

Mine arrived with a pack in the boot containing high vis vests (4), first aid kit, warning triangle and UK sticker. 

It's Toyota branded so I thought that it was 'standard issue' although I suppose that it could have been added by the dealer. 

Mine came with the same

2 hours ago, Roy124 said:

Simon, my dealer has such a pack on display in the boot of a BZ4X in the showroom.   I think it is a sell on item.  In your case  maybe a gift.

My Corolla,  4 years ago, came with a zipped container with lots of Toyota branded care stuff.  I have yet to use the one-shot screen wash or the leather care product (not having leather seats).   Not used their shampoo yet either.

When I got the Yaris, I only got glass cleaner and bug cleaner, and a cuddly toy called ITCO or something. 

Hmm.   The 'safety/driving abroad' pack, for want of a better description, that I have is all well and good;   but I have driven abroad quite a lot and already had all that stuff.  I now have enough high vis vests for a minibus. 

I think that I would have preferred the car care stuff or a cuddly toy for my niece!

6 hours ago, SDR said:

It is now standard issue on all 2024 model year Toyotas to satisfy Euro NCAP standards. (not a dealer "gimme")

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CPN said:

It is now standard issue on all 2024 model year Toyotas to satisfy Euro NCAP standards. (not a dealer "gimme")

I didn’t know the reason why it was there but I didn't really think that it was anything to do with the dealer. 

My car came from a fleet sales operation, not retail (without going into the details... it is mine, not a company car, and owned rather than leased).   The standard of prep was low, as is the norm for such cars;   it is the price you pay for the price you pay, so to speak.   So I wasn't expecting any freebies!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links