Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

D-Cat 130Kw Engine Power Hesitation

misko903

Hello,

During yesterday's drive my engine was losing power for a little while. i felt like the engine stopped working for a half second or so, i felt it also on the clutch, the car jumped. it happened several times, during 2 hours of driving about 15x?

it is the same feeling, when i fill up the tank with crappy diesel. but i have used already a half of tank and it started later.

i happend around 1700-1800 rpms. i have already done ca 150 kms when it started.

no warning light on the dashboard.

what it can be? what i should try?

btw, i have a possibility to test the car with TIS techstream.

thanks a lot for answers!

The Turbo kicks in around that rev range! When was the fuel/air filter last changed? Have you cleaned out the EGR valve or taken a look at it?

Hello,

During yesterday's drive my engine was losing power for a little while. i felt like the engine stopped working for a half second or so, i felt it also on the clutch, the car jumped. it happened several times, during 2 hours of driving about 15x?

it is the same feeling, when i fill up the tank with crappy diesel. but i have used already a half of tank and it started later.

i happend around 1700-1800 rpms. i have already done ca 150 kms when it started.

no warning light on the dashboard.

- - - - - - - -

now in details please

- total millage gone;

- total millage after last serviced;

- works list performed during last service;

cheers/Igor

total mileage ca 146 000 kms

total mileage after service ca 10 000 kms

last service (small one) only oil and oil filter exchange

TIS techstream shows me there is an error

EMPS - U0105 Lost Communication With Fuel Inejctor Control Module

Air conditioner B1421, B1424

I can provide a freeze frame data from U0105. i have deleted the bug, but it have appeared again.

can the bug be the reason?

BTW EGR was cleaned ca 30 000 kms ago. i am using only market leaders diesel fuel.

thanks a lot for replyes :)

Possibly. Did U0105 come back immediately or only after driving again?

Well, the injector drive unit (IDU) is the box mounted up on the bulkhead/firewall.

Sometimes these things are just a connector/harness problem.

I'd at least start by unplugging the harness connector and having a look at the pins. They should be OK and hopefully the connector is seated properly. These under bonnet connectors have seals, but worth a look for corrosion.

Also do the same with connectors at the engine management ECU end, which controls the (IDU).

I can provide a freeze frame data from U0105. i have deleted the bug, but it have appeared again.

can the bug be the reason?

of course there might be delay (late) with injection or lack of timely signal leading to power loss.

cheers

solved!!!

so i checked the connectors, unplugged an plugged them again. for the 4 connectors plugged to injecton control unit i have used the connectors spray.

than i have deleted the error with Techstream and drove 5 hours. Checked with techstream again, no fault :drunk:

thanks shcm again! thanks igormus :donatello:

• 1 year later...

solved!!!

so i checked the connectors, unplugged an plugged them again. for the 4 connectors plugged to injecton control unit i have used the connectors spray.

than i have deleted the error with Techstream and drove 5 hours. Checked with techstream again, no fault drunk.gif

thanks shcm again! thanks igormus donatello.gif

Hi

The topic is old but I would like to ask (if somebody knows) where exactly is the Injector Drive Unit (IDU) on Avensis 2006 (1AD-FTV engine)?

I saw description for RAV:

"Well, the injector drive unit (IDU) is the box mounted up on the bulkhead/firewall."

Is it on the same place for Avensis and how it looks like, how to recognize it?

Thanks

This is it on a 2006 RAV. Click to enlargе.

Thanks anchorman, engine probably is the same but Avensis engine bay looks completely different and no any units on the bulkhead. Should be somewhere else...

Ask the avensis guys. I would have thought it was in the engine bay but it could be under the dash.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links