Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Can Anyone Recommend Some Tyres For My Wifes Aygo?

rolfieboy

Hi all,

My wifes' Aygo needs to new boots on the front.

I would be interested in hearing what tyres other people have fitted and there experiences with them.

Thanks in advance

Simon

I've always stuck with Continentals. The first set lasted a very long time, had two new front ones last September. They're not "the cheapest" but they're very reasonably priced when compared with more expensive cars' tyres. I'd always stick with a well-established manufacturer. Black Circles is a good website for comparing them (just google Black Circles) so it might be worth checking that out until somebody else with different tyres replies :)

This might help, I have just replaced the front two tires on mine.

The original Continental Eco Contact that were fitted did 18,000 miles and the new Michelin Energy E3B have so far done 300 ish miles and seem pretty good. The Michelins also seem quieter at 40+MPH but I have no scientific data to support this except for my ears.

The Michelins were purchased from BlackCircles for £60/each fully fitted.

Now i just have to see if the fuel economy has suffered at all.

I replaced all four Contis with Toyo 350s as they are an excellent lower price tyre - £34 each from Camskill. They are a much harder compound than the Contis. For a car which does low mileage on city streets I was very disappointed with how long the Contis lasted - all four changed after 13,000 miles following a front to back swap after 8,000.

Citroens and Peugeots usually have Michelins as OEM, they are £50 each.

I replaced all four Contis with Toyo 350s as they are an excellent lower price tyre - £34 each from Camskill. They are a much harder compound than the Contis. For a car which does low mileage on city streets I was very disappointed with how long the Contis lasted - all four changed after 13,000 miles following a front to back swap after 8,000.

Citroens and Peugeots usually have Michelins as OEM, they are £50 each.

Had Conti Eco3's fitted to my Yaris and am loving them :)

Apparently the new Eco 5s are even better!

Hi all,

My wifes' Aygo needs to new boots on the front.

I would be interested in hearing what tyres other people have fitted and there experiences with them.

Thanks in advance

Simon

When you get the tyres fitted, make sure they move the rears to the front and put the new tyres on the rear axle. This has been shown to be safer in a skid and it allows the most worn tyres to be worn out (and replaced) first and reduces the average age of the tyres.

I will stick with continentals , I have the original ones on, done 16000 miles and still habe about 3.5 on the front and 4.5 on the rear, looking at about 24K for the front ones which I am happy with.

Define "better".

Better wet and dry grip, less rolling resistance, longer life, shorter braking distances and what ever else you'd believe in the blurb :lol:

Only problem is they cost more and don't seem to be available in sizes suitable for Aygos (Or my Yaris for that matter!)

But kidding aside, the Eco Contacts have been damned good tyres. Considering they're LRR, it's impressive how much better they are in the rain than the tyres that were previously on my car!

Many thanks for everyones opinions of this thread.

The fronts have currently got Primewell's on and the rears, Conti's

These were the tyres that were on when we bought the car.

I was very suprised how much road noise is heard in the Aygo.

Which would be the best tyre for quietness?

Thanks again

Very unimpressed with the quality of the Continentals that came as standard. Good for 13k for me.

I actually sell Continenal Bike tyres and they're a brand I can trust.

So as tyres are very important and I wanted some alloys, I decided on running Toyo Proxes and a set of Team Dynamics alloys.

So far so brilliant. Still looking at Tyre pressure mind.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links