Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel Economy

Priceclan

I have an Avensis T3x 2003 1.8vvti and after 7 miles the fuel has dropped 14 on the range display and the revs are at 1000rpm at idle over 7 miles the revs drop to 800 rpm as expected and the fuel economy is good. I do not think it is the thermostat as the heating is good and the car seems to heat up ok.

Take a look at your air filter abd MAF! When were they last changed? The cold weather has an effect on mpg.

I have an Avensis T3x 2003 1.8vvti and after 7 miles the fuel has dropped 14 on the range display and the revs are at 1000rpm at idle over 7 miles the revs drop to 800 rpm as expected and the fuel economy is good. I do not think it is the thermostat as the heating is good and the car seems to heat up ok.

TBH the onboard computer is far from accurate. The average MPG is way out (by 40% for me). The momentary obviously only gives a snap shot which again I don't think is trust worthy. I can drive along with the foot on the accelerator slightly doing say a constant 60mph and it will show momentary at 84mpg, very unlikely.

As for the range it goes up and down at the drop of the hat. I just did a 175 mile trip. On the return journey the sat nav was saying distance to destination 81 miles. Range was showing as 70 miles, when I got home the range was at 20 miles still. I have also noticed after a long drive if I will the tank up to the brim range shows barely 400 miles, if I add £20 of fuel which is a qtr of tank give or take shows a range of 150.

I really think it just plucks the figures out of the air. To check your fuel economy properly just do the brim to brim method. If you think its low than change the air filter as suggested above and try again.

Do you know what your roughly getting for fuel economy??

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links