Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sensitive Alarm

Jas16

Hi,

Thanks for reading

Basically, my alarm is acting really sensitive and going off more than usual over the past few days

I appreciate previous topics have touched upon a "black box" within the car where the sensitivity can be adjusted but I wanted to get a clearer answer before I start taking panels off

Having just called my local Mr T, they suggested booking the car in at £65 +VAT, now I'm not a stingy ******* but I wanted to ask people on this forum in case they have come across anything similar before. Oh and I would like to mention that the lady was very nice and didn't push for me to have the car booked in and asked someone else as well and one of the suggestions was a sensor could have gone which is triggering the alarm.

So would it be possible to switch certain sensors off one at a time? For now I only tried the internal alarm which didn't solve the issue

Thanks in advance for your help :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have same problem and researched to find possible links to the bonnet catch..

On inspection of the lever inside the car once i lifted lever to open bonnet there was little movement on the bonnet.

I managed to get the bonnet open and noticed the parts lookes quite dry and rusty so i oiled with wd40 and the bonnet opened a lot easier so far i dont know if this has fixed my alarm problem but have a look too many thanks jon...

I had the same problem when i took it to my dealer for a service they said the shielding on the alarm unit was known to be a problem and replaced it with an replacement uprated shield.

had no problems since

Key now back in the downstairs draw and not kept on the bedroom windowsill for the 3 am reset

Thanks for your feedback,

I have had a look at the bonnet latch area and sprayed that. Touchwood that solves it, but I don't know how

Since, then I have used the alarm and it hasn't set off on its own accord for a couple of hours now, so fingers-crossed

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links