Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Centre Aircon Vents

blobstrom

Just a little tip here sorry if someone else has posted anything like it.

When I got my Lucida recently, the 6 vents in the roof serving the mid/rear passengers had most of the vents all loose and falling out, the clips had broken off the vents themselves, but the pegs on the main part were OK.

I saw price from £30 (secondhand) to £50 (new) for a set of three in their housing.

Being a tight wad I had some old failed CD-R's (beermats as I call them) I cut them up to sort of rectangular shapes and evo-stick'd them to the side of the vent, drilled a 6.5mm hole for the pegs to go in chamfered the edges to allow the peg to slide into the holes and all is fine again :group-cuddles:

Hi

I have just bought a Lucida and 5 out of the 6 vents are missing, can you let me know where you got a price of £30 for secondhand replacements.

Thanks

Paul

Thank you

I have checked his website and will give him a go... will let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Just a little tip here sorry if someone else has posted anything like it.

When I got my Lucida recently, the 6 vents in the roof serving the mid/rear passengers had most of the vents all loose and falling out, the clips had broken off the vents themselves, but the pegs on the main part were OK.

I saw price from £30 (secondhand) to £50 (new) for a set of three in their housing.

Being a tight wad I had some old failed CD-R's (beermats as I call them) I cut them up to sort of rectangular shapes and evo-stick'd them to the side of the vent, drilled a 6.5mm hole for the pegs to go in chamfered the edges to allow the peg to slide into the holes and all is fine again :group-cuddles:

It must be a thing with this model, most of mine are lose or fall out or missing, thanks for the advice, I've got plenty of coasters ! I'll give it a try !

Even if only one side is broken, its best to do both sides with the mod as I did only one side at first but the vent was still floppy

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links