Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Auris 2.0D4D ***oil Change Note***

AURISTR01

The part he has rounded is just a drain point you need a proper filter tool to remove the entire filter housing k and ones are a complete screw in unit but they don't need replacing every oil change

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

Yes, he's rounded off the drain plug but cannot also remove the cover into which the drain plug fits. It's not a housing, that 's where the paper element lives then the cover screws into that and seals with an "o" ring..

Have you a link to the K & N filter you are referring to? The filter does not screw on.

Are you getting confused with the type of filter used after 2009? I suspect your car has the older(and better) screw on canister type and not the later paper element in an aluminium housing with either a black plastic or aluminium cover..

I have 2008 Auris with the housing with element inside my car is the same age ... I have to use a tool the same as the one you put on here except mine isn't from Toyota I work in a garage part time outside of the being in the navy so I have a range of tools at my disposal but my drain plug is different to hos but the filter canister/housing is the same

Sent from my HTC One SV using Toyota OC mobile app

But can/will you post a link to the K & N oil filter mentioned, with the hexagon, just to satisfy my curiosity? :bye:

It can't be like this? http://www.amazon.co.uk/K-N-HP-1003-Oil-Filter/dp/B000C4087O/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399210011&sr=8-2&keywords=toyota+oil+filter+k+%26+n

It will be like this Yaris filter, the plastic tube fits into the hole where the damaged drain plug is stuck. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Blueprint-Oil-Filter-Toyota-YARIS-1-33-VVT-i-2005-On-/161177895438?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3AYaris%2FVitz&hash=item2586f3820e

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links