Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oh Deary Me!

stompe

Agree with GC. Leather has to looked after. My gen 2 had leather seats and they looked as good as new when I sold the car after 3 years. My 2011 Gen 3 leather has been cleaned and treated twice since getting the car. My personal choice is leather it just need looking after.

A neighbour got a brand new 207 in January (this year) with leather seats. The seats look shabby already, and I can't see that leather lasting too long. And they don't even keep the seats clean, the seams are full of dirt/dust. The leather in that 207 looks poor quality compared to the leather seats I've seen in other cars.

Depends on what quality of leather is used. Many taxi drivers will go for the expense of having leather fitted as it last soo much longer as to be worth the money. But like anything, you have got to look after it and that means treating it every six months or so with a leather cream. That will ensure it remains supple and very long lasting. Let the leather dry out too much and it becomes brittle and cracks, though it is possible to get that repaired quite cheaply.

Regarding the 207 you neighbour got, that might not turn out to be proper leather - more likely a synthetic look-a-like stuff which is now quite popular on many lower priced cars.

The neighbours said it was real leather, so being nosey :P I checked on the Peugeot website and they have it listed as leather. They must have just used a cheap leather, it certainly looks as if they did. Its only available as an additional option on the 207 Allure.

The neighbours said it was real leather, so being nosey :P I checked on the Peugeot website and they have it listed as leather. They must have just used a cheap leather, it certainly looks as if they did. Its only available as an additional option on the 207 Allure.

Just had a look to check and you're right, it's a £1,050 option for full leather. Maybe your neighbour just hasn't bothered looking after it.

Just had a look to check and you're right, it's a £1,050 option for full leather. Maybe your neighbour just hasn't bothered looking after it.

£1050 - I wouldn't pay that to get leather seats in a 207. His leather seats always looked like they were made of cheap leather from the day he got the car.

Hiya Peeps, have you ever wondered why you don't smell the leather in Japanese cars? because they find it offensive. its true ! :beer:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links