Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Problems.

Clamjouster

OK. I'm new to this forum but not to Celicas. For the past 2 years i've owned a 2001 gen 7 Celica 190 and if i'm honest about it I bought a pup. It's obvious to me now tha I bought a car which had had it's head gasket done poorly as this was constantly pressurising the coolant system.

Anyway, we recently experienced massive multiple failures in the form of the gearbox failing and the heater martix basically exploding.

We decided to rescue the car as we genuinely love it so i've had a new re-con gear box installed and a new heater matrix at great expense. We also decided to cure the cause of the heater matrix's failure by having the dodgy head gasket sorted. All this was done by our local main dealer. There was no expense spared as we had the cylinder head de-coked and all the valve seats re-gro'und and plus new lift bolts etc.

As soon as we got the car back it overheated which is sympomatic of the pressurisation of the coolant system that has so marred our ownership of the car. I took it back and they bled the system and assured me that all was OK but now i'm not so sure.

Before having the gasket done the engine developed an oil leak at the back of the engine and to my dismay I noticed yesterday that the substantial leak has returned in exactally the same place which frankly one of the problems I paid huge amounts of money for Toyota to sort out.

I've never used a main dealer before and Isuppose what i'm asking is do I have any comeback? Do Toyota have an obligation to put this right given i've only had the car back several days or will they just do what every other back street garage would do and see it as an opportunity to screw yet more money out of me. I've spent £3.5K on a car that's only worth 2 grand and frankly i'm a bit ****** off.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links