Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odometer In Miles But Fuel Gauge In Km's?

toby2111

Driving a UK imported 2008 Avensis T3.The odometer is in miles but the fuel gauge is measured in kilometeres,is this the same in all 08 T3's?

Also trip computer is reading 5.2litres/100km,seems decent enough consumption to me,but what do others think?

would have thought that fuel would be in litres ...

do you mean range?

On the 2003 to 2008 model (yours is perhaps the 08 on tho) you can change the display between km to miles, L/100km to mpg etc. The procedure is (from the owners manual)...

Press ENT knob to switch over to the unit setting mode.

Turn ENT knob to select unit. The unit changes cyclically while you turn it.

After selecting the unit, push and release ENT knob, or push another button to set the unit.

Perhaps you could try some variation of this using similarly functioning buttons on the newer model? I'd think it possible somehow as I don't see Toyota putting different software in the fuel computer of a European car to a Uk car.

Hope this helps :)

edit... 5.2 L/100kn seems to be around 45mpg. I got around that from my 1.8 petrol T25. I'd like to think the 2.0 diesel would do a bit better - but then again I've not driven one.

Yeh,sorry meant fuel range,when we fill the tank it reads over 900km left in tank.I'll try switch the display,thanks Alan.

Its a T3,2 litre diesel.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links