Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Car Is Sooo Slow :(

Auris tr

I have just both a brand new toyota auris tr - 13 petrol. When I am driving the speedometer does not exceed 40. Has anyone experienced this situation when he bought his car. Could it be that it is in the running in faze? Please help if anyone knows cause I am very worried

The speedo should read the correct speed of the car at all times, something is wrong there, see the dealer. Or it may be the car with such a small engine will not acheive more than 40mph, it is a heavy car with a teeny weeny engine.

Sorry my 2nd. sentance was a joke. Does the car actually go above 40 and the speedo go no further than 40mph?

I've had a 1.33 Auris from new (October 2009) - and the 1.33 is slightly smaller than the previous 1.4 (approx 70cc less), yet produces the same power. If your car's speedometer won't exceed 40mph, there is certainly something wrong and you need to go back to the supplying dealer (give them a ring first, explain the issue and say you want the car looked at asap on safety grounds).

The 1.33 is actually quite flexible and nippy. It has no problem maintaining motorwaty speeds, etc.

To say the car won't acheive more than 40mph due to being a heavy car with a teenie weenie engine, is complete rubbish.

Is there a fault light showing,is it in limp mode.

Anyway the car needs your dealer to check it out.

The car has been out last tuesday, I thought it is on the running in mood. I ll be calling the dealer tomorrow morning since I though there is something wrong. There are no faulty lights showing.

The car has been out last tuesday, I thought it is on the running in mood. I ll be calling the dealer tomorrow morning since I though there is something wrong. There are no faulty lights showing.

Check your drivers side mat is fitted properly? Or try pulling your seat forward so you can reach the pedals :)

Just kidding only trying to cheer you up on a serious note take it back to the dealer ASAP

Evenmore I noticed condensed water in the front lamps. Has anyone experienced something like this? I dont think it is normal.

This is bizarre.

Can you go over 40MPH in 3rd gear for example ?

You say at the start it's a brand new Auris. Please let us know the outcome and what the dealer says.

I have the 1.33 and it's brilliant.

Your headlamp units should not contain water either. Possibly a temporary slight "misting" on the lens interior is normal depending on ambient temperature.

Please don't be offended - hopefully you are changing up to higher gears?

Evenmore I noticed condensed water in the front lamps. Has anyone experienced something like this? I dont think it is normal.

Front lights with water is never a good sign; it sounds as if there is a major issue with your car.

Take it back to the dealers as suggested and list the issues that you have. If the speedo is stuck at a value but you feel that you are accellerating faster that it reads then you need to have this checked, it may be a bad connection or the ecu may be stuck in a test mode of some sorts.

Either way it's a brand new car and should be perfect.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links