Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

A Reverse Camera On A Iq2

Malko83

Sorry for my english, I am french.

With a big help of Tarquin: without him I could not do it , i fit this camera quite easily (25€ on ebay)

For my opinion It's look better than the genuine Toyota part, and it's cost cheeper.

A little thanks also to Carlos.

post-118843-0-86951500-1332518496_thumb.

post-118843-0-24887000-1332518522_thumb.

post-118843-0-22933000-1332518544_thumb.

post-118843-0-58576100-1332518555_thumb.

Very nicely done... indeed much better than the original one....

The good thing about Christians installation is that you can access all the area's to fit it easily. There is a big gap in the bumper behind the number plate to get your hands in and easy to fit between the number plate lights. Well done to Christian

David

Hello, Tarquin. How easy is it to get to the back of the satnav unit and what do i have to undo/remove to get to it. I am thinking of getting a camera for my iq2. If possible can you tell me from start to finish. :)

Much appreciated.

Bluenose :thumbsup:

Yeah Christian, very discreet, and it looks like a proper Mr. T. installation would. Very cool. I expect too that on a darker coloured car it would be even more discreet. Very nice display on screen.

I'm waiting for the screen -from a similar camera- in the interior mirror to be available as I don't have a sat-nav in my iQ. But that looks so good you could easily mistake it for a factory fit. :thumbsup:

Bob, and all done by Email and ' whatever you do, cut the red wire not the blue one" Phew that was close. lol

David

Gary, yes of course.. Its best to PM me because there are a lot of questions for you to ask. Firstly though, to get to the connections on the back of the TNS 510 you have to kinda sit in front of it and grip with your finger tips, either side of the "V" shaped A/C unit. You will feel 2 indentations. When you have found them grip and pull very very hard towards to you. (don't worry you won't break anything} 4 clips will give way and the unit will come off. Disconnect the white multi plug by de=pressing the tab. Next lean forward and grip your hands around the back of the top cover and pull it towards you. It will move about 3inched and you can lift it off. There is a plug to disconnect going to the seat airbag display to the left of the screen. Now you will see 4 10mm bolts holding the TNS 510 in, remove them and the unit can be removed after un plugging all the multi plugs at the rear. Then the fun starts lol

David

Very nice installation. It looks like a factory camera but much better than the Toyota factory camera.

Well done!

Nice installation but i'm wondering why a rear camera is needed for such a small car?

Hi Nik52

The modification Christian has done lends itself to other possibilities with the TNS 510. For instance i now have 2 video inputs, camera and video from another source , DVD, or content of my iPhone which is also fed via stereo bluetooth to the Speakers. I think its a "because you can" ethic. To be fair the rear head supports take up a fair bit of viewing space and as Tesco say "Every little bit helps"

David

Nice installation but i'm wondering why a rear camera is needed for such a small car?

With my 2 neckhernia's it makes a great differance.... oh yeah... :giljotiini:

Peter What? Oh its ok thought you were speaking Dutch

David

David

I will be installing my two cameras as soon as my CA plates arrive. They mount to the plate holder. I have one for the rear and one for the front. With tinted windows it's difficult to see at night without the back up camera. I'll also be installing the HID back up lights soon.

Peter What?

David

Possibly due to my work, I ended up with a lot of pain in my right shoulder and arm and hand... Had to stop working...

Turned out... after a lot of time / fysio / x-rays , and finally a MRI that there were 2 hernia's in my neck... Operation was not possible, due to one had to be operated in front and the other via the back, results were not guarantied... so I turned that down.

So ... turning my head to look over my right shoulder (left hand drive) is very hard and painful. Also my right hand tends to let things drop an trembles now and then and also some fingers turn in a cramp for some minutes now and then... .

But ... anyway ,,, for the rest everything is better now ... really ... yes ... much ... :yes:

So even in my Smart 4-2 I have a rear camera...

Sorry Petet that your suffering all that. It was the word neckhernia. No matter how many times i looked at it. I just couldnt see it. It took my wife to look at it and take the P out of me and still does. She now says it fast as one word and laughs at me.

David

ha ha ha ... David ... neckhernia ... hmmm seems Dutch in a way ... and it took the P out of you ... ha ha ... WTF? ... whats this? English? ... ha ha ...

About the neck problems ... most of it has gone good ... so no pity on me ... :driving:

Ouch Peter, that sounds painful. Hope the condition will improve in the near future.

David, I'll be using the external AV input on my Navi unit to view the front camera. I'll be using it mostly to avoid those nasty parking logs in parking lots. With the iQ being lowered and the front lip being deeper than the stock I don't want to take a chance on smacking it.

Ok Taz. Out TNS 510 doesnt have a readily available A/V input hence all the messing around hard wiring it , but with yours i assume you only have the one input.Are you going to have an external A/V switcher to switch camera's? We generally dont have logs defining parking spaces unless in a country park. Most of the time its concrete sleepers or small paved area's that you forgot about when you parked, then not thinking, you pull away forward because you cant see them and crash into them. They just love dividing things up with concrete here!!

David

Sorry David. Log is just my expression for the concrete divider, I read my post again and realized it sounds as if I live in the back woods. LOL

I have both a rear camera input and external A/V input on my Navi unit. I will be able to access the front camera by choosing the A/V input on the selector menu or the steering wheel button.

Behind the head unit...

DSCN1076.jpg

The external input is located under the passenger seat. No picture of that at this time.

Your very lucky. Our TNS 510 has a hard wired camera input only but no linked audio input except stereo bluetooth hence i have to do mods and am helping others with theirs

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links