Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Engine Advice ?

tabz

i fell into the burning oil trap when i bought my 2000 140, i didnt realise i was going to be going through 5 litres every 150 miles .. shocking

so .. do i sell her on, or go for another engine ? if its another engine, what year am i looking for as to not fall into the same trap ? and how much am i looking to pay and how much to get it fitted ?

its such a shame as she is mint everywhere else .. thanks in advance

Sorry to hear you fell victim to the oil issue. If you go for another engine, get one from a car being broken. DO NOT buy a recon! Look for a 2003 engine onwards.

You could always go for a 190 conversion! Though for 140 engine, you should find one for 600-800.

Sorry to hear you fell victim to the oil issue. If you go for another engine, get one from a car being broken. DO NOT buy a recon! Look for a 2003 engine onwards.

You could always go for a 190 conversion! Though for 140 engine, you should find one for 600-800.

thanks mate, as helpful as ever, so whats this 190 conversion you mention ? .. is it an easier route than another engine ? and will it cure the problem etc, thanks again

No the 190 conversion is engine, gearbox, midpipe, ecu, engine mount (1 side) & wiring loom. its just an option if you fancy more power but can't afford to buy the Celica 190.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links