Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Alarm System

jaxx

just had this fitted to today!

fantastic system with full closure and intellistart, probably the funkiest trick ive evr seen!

having it wired up to most of my toys in the near future aswell, for fully remote controlled trickery experience!

i can sleep easier too!

nice choice clifford are the dogs danglies!!

oh no doubt about it! cant wait to get the laptop plugged in and play with all the gizmos!

rob, I do hope you fitted it slightly different to them instructions I sent you, cosit would be very easy for someone to disarm the alarm

it was a bit expensive!

ive tried to disarm a lesser clifford alarm off a salvage car i bought, and it wasnt easy mate! so theres not much hope of this one going!

oh yeah............managed to set it off at 23.45 last nite on my drive! ooooooops

Cliffords are superb alarms and have never had an issue with any one of them.

I know what you mean about setting the alarms off in the middle of the night.

First night i had the 600 installed in my S2000, it rained heavily and could not figure out why. :angry:

Spoke to the installer and found that the rain combined with a metal in the screen was setting it off :yes:

Cliffords are superb alarms and have never had an issue with any one of them.

I know what you mean about setting the alarms off in the middle of the night.

First night i had the 600 installed in my S2000, it rained heavily and could not figure out why. :angry:

Spoke to the installer and found that the rain combined with a metal in the screen was setting it off :yes:

i got one of them. but less toys, i only have the turbo timer, as my insurance company have an issue with intellistart, and i didnt have the pennies for it at the time anyway.

Nice alarm. :thumbsup:

erm........ they dont know about the intellistart! risky i know!

bit like mine dont know about wheels, spoiler, tints, lowered, zorst, stereo shall i go on.....................lol im 17 i cant afford the insurance as it is

oh they know about everything bar that cos it voids the thatcham appproval. but only if i use it!

oh they know about everything bar that cos it voids the thatcham appproval. but only if i use it!

The Thatcham is invalidated by any add ons???

So i asked the question about the black jax as surely that is a standard item and was told that thatcham 1 would be invalidated as they dont like any sort of engine disablements or starting mechanism. <_<

I thought they and insurance companies would love the jax as it saves the car getting stolen.

Handy having a mate who installs cliffords for a living.

I live in Thatcham! Yep, it is actually a place! and the alarm testing centre in near the train station.

Some useless info there.

they say it invalidates it when you only 'use' it

all the time its not being used your all fine!

so never ever use your intellistart or blak jax hint hint wink wink! :D

weird!

• 1 year later...

Found this old thread rather than start a new one to save aggro, Im thinking about putting a clifford 650 on my yaris with the proximity sensors and intellistart , But is it really true that it will not be a valid Cat1 if i use the intellistart? Is it really worth the Remote start???

i got the clifford 950, good piece of kit.. but i didnt know that if u add intellistart it would not be CAT 1? maybe for a 650 but it is approved Cat 1 for a 950 with intellistart, it turn into a avantguard 5 clifford alarm

strange becasue from what i understand it seems that with a remote start on your alarm in the uk it's not cat 1?? well that's what i understood

absolute rubbish...

intellistart does not invalidate your insurance! why the hell would they fit it to a top end system if it did?

the only thing is the law clearly states that you are not allowed to leave a vehcile unattended with the engine running on a public road, the same goes forturbo timers

ive got a full legit CAT1/2 cert with mine ;)

reading back i was wrong in the past as it is :P

reading back again i was talking crap all them days ago

my current insurer are fully aware its fitted because as soon as i quote the CAT number it comes up on their system that its fitted, no quarms :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links