Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Corolla Electric Window...

68notch

Ive just bought a 2002 Corolla and i have a problem with the drivers side window, if i pull the switch up and let go (one touch) the window goes upto the top then comes half way back down. The window also doesn't go all the way down...

Does anybody have any ideas what could be wrong?

• 2 months later...

Hi Notch, ya i have 02 corolla that had the same prob, the rubber near the top of my window was badly fited and window would go back to half way, u can get silicon spray grease to help that, but if ur window isn't opening fully sounds like ur window regulator is bent r broken, this also happen to me, with the glass getting pinched at the top of the window frame by the rubber being too tight it riped one of the clips from the regulator that is glued to the glass, then the regulater arms got bent from being out of alignment, i replaced the regulator and motor (easer when they come as one piece). i think i paid 20 r 30 euros from breakers yard. and glued the clip,(had to try a few glues and epoxys before i fond 1 that was strong enought and flexable) ill have to find the name of it. hope this helps, let me know how ya get on....

Ive just 2002 bought a 2002 Corolla and i have a problem with the drivers side window, if i pull the switch up and let go (one touch) the window goes upto the top then comes half way back down. The window also doesn't go all the way down...

You just need to recalibrate it. This happens sometimes when the Battery is disconnected. Open the window completely. Now, close the window and continue to hold the switch for 2 seconds after it's closed. It should then work properly.

Ive just 2002 bought a 2002 Corolla and i have a problem with the drivers side window, if i pull the switch up and let go (one touch) the window goes upto the top then comes half way back down. The window also doesn't go all the way down...

You just need to recalibrate it. This happens sometimes when the Battery is disconnected. Open the window completely. Now, close the window and continue to hold the switch for 2 seconds after it's closed. It should then work properly.

the window doesn't open fully

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links