Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Wheels :o)

mike n helen

Had a day off work on Thursday as the factory shut early for Easter. It's always a problem if I have time to myself without H being there to control my spending.......

So I bought some new wheels,

9966_43786.jpg

Looks like a roller boot now, just the look I was after.....

Mike

That front wheel looks bigger than the rear. ;)

Fish

Does having less rubber make the ride suffer. I'm thinking, one thing I would like to do is put some darker/black wheels on my orange IQ, but I love the ride on 15"ers

Very nice, what size did you opt for?

I can assure you the wheels are the same size, front and rear, although I do agree the in the photo it does give a different perspective.

The ride is a lttle different as it's now on a lower profile tyre, but you can only really tell on roads which have a poor surface. The wheels are 17" with 205/40/17 tyres, the aspect ratio is a little different which means in theory when the speedo is saying 60mph I'll actually be doing 61ph.

I think it just makes the car look so much better, I'm happy with the outcome :D

I think it just makes the car look so much better, I'm happy with the outcome :D

And thats what it is all about.

I know all IQ's come with alloys in the UK but to be honest, I don't like any of them (or the others that Toyota offer) so thinking it is something I might do - some nice darker ones too I think

HI. Mike you wheels look sweet. Wonder if someone can help me here. i am planning to get new alloys for my toyota iq2 even before it is delivered to me lol. But need help in getting the right rims for it so it can stand out against others. can you please suggest what you would do to your iq's. it is full pearl white with custom leather with the red iq logo on the headrest and isport on it. Thanks

Congratulations. I like the look.

Hi i have pearl white. I have 18x215x35 spoked grey and chrome. And it looks great

David

I think I'll stick to 15" or maybe go up to 16" and then drop the car to fill the arches better

I am planning something like this but 18'' what is your comment??

post-119974-0-29633400-1333897366_thumb.

Would not get white on a pearl white car as they won't look the same colour and might look odd - but black wheels . . . . now ya talking

so what would you suggest??? any photos or links??

On your Pearl White, maybe something like these...

XXR_522_GDGL_2.jpg

TORC2010May117.jpg

Has anyone stuck a set of dishy 15" steel wheels on an Aygo? I think it'd look awesome.

Leon, you might want to ask that in the Aygo section. ;)

Fish

Just been to the take away and scuffed one of my wheels.......one week old!!!!!! not happy.......... :censor:

Oh Man! Was it on a pedestrian that got in the way? Or some awkwardly placed kerb! BTW, I'm not taking the pish, just trying to lighten your mood. I'd be a wreck. Do you still have hair left? I would have pulled mine out, not that there's much of it anyway. Two minute job maybe.

Dude! Has Helen sent you to the dog house? And after what you said, about buying them... oo-er! Sorry to hear about such bad news.

:oops:

I'm going to try and repair it on Sunday, rub it down and hopefully get a good finish when I re-lacquer it. Helen doesn't really care as it's not her car, but it was her who wanted the take away......... She did the same thing the other year when we changed the wheels on her car, in less than 1 week they were scuffed, she didn't seem to care then either. I think I need to buy wider tyres thats the answer..(or just watch the kerb when I'm parking)

Thanks for the sympathy by the way ;)

I'm going to try and repair it on Sunday, rub it down and hopefully get a good finish when I re-lacquer it. Helen doesn't really care as it's not her car, but it was her who wanted the take away......... She did the same thing the other year when we changed the wheels on her car, in less than 1 week they were scuffed, she didn't seem to care then either. I think I need to buy wider tyres thats the answer..(or just watch the kerb when I'm parking)

Thanks for the sympathy by the way ;)

Ya welcome :) .

Best of luck repairing the wheel Mike. Would you do a blow by blow photo shoot of the job you do? I have the standard alloys but there are some marks on them which I would like to patch up. Seeing how someone else does them would help me as I'm a big jessie when it comes to doing jobs like this these days, at my age... :rolleyes:

Hehe, oops. Same question but replace Aygo with IQ - anyone?

was wondering if any one could help me find these alloys that i am looking for my iq. unless if any one got any other suggestions. and na not into the gold colour alloys.

post-119974-0-48529000-1334594029_thumb.

post-119974-0-39312400-1334594037_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links