Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Decat Exhaust ?

tabz

would a decat section of exhaust give a more throaty sound or do other things need to be took into consideration ? .. thanks

On a stock 140 running a decat won't do anything. Your midpipe contains the cat, so you'd have to have it cut out & flanges added. If you want a better exhaust note, just buy an aftermarket cat back system.

I have just purchased a Scorpion Cat-Back exhaust system so i will try and let you know the difference in the sound it makes

• 4 weeks later...

hey there i have just put a cat back system on my vvti , it has made it a lil bit nipper n she sounds sweet but my eml light comes on saying the cat isnt working properly , but i cant really see a cat on the new stainless system . i have had it re set but it comes back on so i need to find out how to sort that :) ?? if you get an exhaust let me know how you get on cheers . luke

hey there i have just put a cat back system on my vvti , it has made it a lil bit nipper n she sounds sweet but my eml light comes on saying the cat isnt working properly , but i cant really see a cat on the new stainless system . i have had it re set but it comes back on so i need to find out how to sort that :) ?? if you get an exhaust let me know how you get on cheers . luke

As I explained in my PM, you have a full system & not a cat back. Plus as it's a full decat system and is 2.5" & not 2", it will probably sap a little power.

If you did a dyno run I'm sure you'll see losses at certain ranges and a few improve in some. There will probably be more losses than increases I would have thought.

My advice would be to replace the system or take it to a custom exhaust place & have it altered to fit a removeable cat. Though I'd fit a sports cat myself.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links