Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Clicking Noise From Clutch Pedal

forevered

my car goes in to dealer for 40k service this coming week, and im in two minds wether to bother mentiioning a faint clicking noise that comes from the clutch pedal just as i start to press it. its been there for best part of a year maybe, it isnt getting any worse and dosnt cause any problem using the clutch.its ony a faint noise and have to listen quiet carefully to here it its certainly coming from around the pedal area. do you guys think its ok just to leave as it is or should i mention it ? im a bit worried about telling mr t as they may tell me a porky and say i need a new expensive part just to make money out of me, when it could safely be left as it is. im on the service plan and as other owners have said on here the dealer often trys to load things on that are not needed. thanks for any advice.

I had this exact same problem. Mentioned it at the 20k service, apparently its just a noisy switch (used to make sure you depress the clutch before starting). As you say it doesnt affect the clutch just more irritating than anything!

I think its worth mentioning to see if they tell you the same thing...

i had the same on my sr and tool it in where they changed the clutch pedal but didnt cure the problem, so i took it back again and they changed the master cylinder which did solve it, might be worth telling toyota so they cam sort it out, my be it is the clutch pedal switch.

does it do it all the time?

On mine it is intermittent, better described as random, and not affected by environmental factors eg low or high temp.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links