Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2003 Nrg Swab

Peter Sheppard

My wife is very pleased to have a rav4 again, but she has just one problem.

Could any of you kind people tell us how to lock the doors, with a dog in the car, so that the alarms don't go off.

Regards, Peter

Supposed to say short wheel based not swab!

If this is in the wrong place, could one of you Mods, please move it, thanks

Presume you have the factory alarm fiited on it?

If so, pressing the remote as follows: one press locks the doors, two presses in quick succession sets the deadlocks, 3 presses in quick succession disables the mother-in-law/pet sensors. (think that is the order - it is in the TSSS manual somewhere but hidden very well)

HTH

wow , i really needed to know this the other day too. Had to leave my dog in the car with it unlocked. So thanks from me too.

Agree with Hoovie. On ours the third press de-activates interior sensors; you should also get a different series of flashes from the inicators on the third press.

I do they flash wildly and the alarm sounds :lol:

Must be different of later models, or it needs setting up somehow?

mines a 2003 nrg and its definitely the 3rd press that deactives the interior sensor. after the 3rd time the indicators stay on slightly longer before going off.

If so, pressing the remote as follows: one press locks the doors, two presses in quick succession sets the deadlocks, 3 presses in quick succession disables the mother-in-law/pet sensors. (think that is the order - it is in the TSSS manual somewhere but hidden very well)

HTH

I didn't know that !! Isn't there a button in the car which disables it as well ??

HTH

I didn't know that !! Isn't there a button in the car which disables it as well ??

Not on the RAV4.2. The button does make it a lot easier :)

FWIW, for the new RAV4.2 owners, there is also a sequence that you can go through involving opening and closing the door in conjunction with ignition key positions that will set up the Anti-Hijack mode and the door locks to auto lock and unlock, which IMO is a great feature when driving in built up areas - stops potential of some **** opening door/boot and grabbing something and then having it away before you get a chance to react.

There is on the 4.3 Charlie - it's in the light pod up by the rear view mirror.

I can never figure out if I have switched it on or off though. Is there some kind of indication?

There is on the 4.3 Charlie - it's in the light pod up by the rear view mirror.

I can never figure out if I have switched it on or off though. Is there some kind of indication?

Now You say it I can remember it .. Maybe it sets to default on when the car is locked and then turns off when You press the button ??

Dont know Mate to be honest...

First time I've been caught out by DP!

Water on brain.

Without reading the manual:

It's on by default.

I'm fairly certain it's a one shot. i.e. you have to press it every time you want it disabled, just before you lock the car.

Doesn't the security LED indicate that it has been pressed? e.g. rapid LED flashing, or am I think of something else?

No, you're spot on. Hold button for a couple of seconds and the LED on the dash flashes rapidly. Then get out and lock as normal.

Dave

So I got some thing tecnicul right ??????......................... :fireman:

, for the new RAV4.2 owners, there is also a sequence that you can go through involving opening and closing the door in conjunction with ignition key positions that will set up the Anti-Hijack mode and the door locks to auto lock and unlock, which IMO is a great feature when driving in built up areas - stops potential of some **** opening door/boot and grabbing something and then having it away before you get a chance to react.

Might have to give that a go later. I find it quite handy on US cars I've rented and Mrs JL feels more secure.

Supposed to say short wheel based not swab!

no worries, the NRG was always the 3 doors (short wheel based) rav 4 ;)

Thanks for all the replies.

Definately the third press for me!

Could not find it anywhere in the manual. Seems to have helped others out as well.

Wish it had anti hyjack as well, very handy in urban areas.

Regards, Peter.

Maybe safer without anti-hijack - you could end up with a couple of Typhoons locking on............... :eek:

Could not find it anywhere in the manual. Seems to have helped others out as well.

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter,

You DO have anti-hijack :). I'll see if I can find the routine to enable it (it can take a few trys to get right!)

Regards, Peter.

Hi Peter,

You DO have anti-hijack :). I'll see if I can find the routine to enable it (it can take a few trys to get right!)

Well in that case just make sure it doesn't broadcast a 7500 code or you'll be in trouble....................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links