Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Have I Done Something Wrong?

blue monster

I get the impression that I need to clear the air with a few people although I am not entirely sure what I have done wrong except voice my opinion on a particular subject a few months ago about replacement engines/oil consumption which we are all entitled to do without getting a complete slating. That is the general idea of forums, people agree & disagree, some where for people to voice their opinion rightly or wrongly without getting burnt at the stake!!

I say this because since voicing my opinion any posts that I comment on seem to become dead (not that I am posting complete *******) and individuals who used to phone or e-mail me have stopped where as prior to my opinion/comment people would comment//contact me/thread continue.

I was under the impression that this was not some kind of click, it was some where that I could good advice from, some where that I could make some good friends and some where that the general idea is to help each other out as per any other forum.

Was I wrong in my thoughts as from where I am stood now I appear to have been locked out?

Martin.........Looking back through some of your recent posts, you do not appear to have been ignored

Charlie thanked you for your contribution and you are not the last person to post on many of the TOC threads

I think that you may be just a little over sensitive if you think that your posts "kill" the threads

Keep posting.....Your contributions are welcome!

I've not noticed any such behaviour, and threads go dead all the time. As soon as they go onto page 2 they often get forgotten. Unless you are posting a question you can't guarantee a reply.

Ah might have taken a few garden gates, Marty min, but I have not taken offence.

Complete ballderdash, mate, so continue posticating or will send ye a Glesga Kiss by fist class......fist class was a typo originally, but will now persevere with.....

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Make sure only to post positive things about the rav, or you will feel the rath of the clique :lol:

Either that or your seriously paranoid :D

O and don't mention oil, or engines in a car forum :lol:

Or The Germans, this dose not go down well with some on here...

Martin, I don,t think for a mo that your contibution and posts are being ignored. I for one value your contribution and don,t make light of them of them.

Keep on Posting!!!!

Regards Clare

Make sure only to post positive things about the rav, or you will feel the rath of the clique :lol:

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you :)

Talking engines, I read on the MR2 forum that the VVTi engine in the first roadster up to 2003 had a 7 year warranty due to design issues. So not just oil and diesel ;)

No problems here Martin... You and I spoke on the phone only a couple of weeks ago when You kindly took the time to help Me input the numbers onto the phone system..

Ha Ha if anyone deserves and sometimes gets the cold shoulder for being Er shall We say outspoken Cough Cough I believe I leave You standing ole Mucker !!!

I had wondered where You had gone though ?? We used to have the pleasure of Your company far more often than at present.. Hopefully this will change and You will be around more !!

Voicing an opinion whether right or wrong is what a forum is about..

I for instance think I am a handsome young wee Chap.. My Wife on the other hand thinks I'm crackers !!................

No problems here Martin... You and I spoke on the phone only a couple of weeks ago when You kindly took the time to help Me input the numbers onto the phone system..

Ha Ha if anyone deserves and sometimes gets the cold shoulder for being Er shall We say outspoken Cough Cough I believe I leave You standing ole Mucker !!!

I had wondered where You had gone though ?? We used to have the pleasure of Your company far more often than at present.. Hopefully this will change and You will be around more !!

Voicing an opinion whether right or wrong is what a forum is about..

I for instance think I am a handsome young wee Chap.. My Wife on the other hand thinks I'm

Talking engines, I read on the MR2 forum that the VVTi engine in the first roadster up to 2003 had a 7 year warranty due to design issues. So not just oil and diesel ;)

I had one of those !! My first and only other Toyota.. It was not that powerful but hell was it fun... Ragged it senseless and it never missed a beat !!

Cant remember it having any extended warranty though........

cars2002008.jpg

Yep I read that too, the celica has similar problems, but probably because they share the same engine...

Blimey! Can Toyota not build engines any more? Roll on the Germans :lol::thumbsup:

<SNIP>

Yep I read that too, the celica has similar problems, but probably because they share the same engine...

Blimey! Can Toyota not build engines any more? Roll on the Germans :lol::thumbsup:

Jedi, Charlie,

What it is about - from what I can gather - is that the Roadster had a Pre-Cat fitted that was prone to breakup and deposit lumps of the material back into the engine, and I think we cane imagine what that would do to it! Wasn't aware the Celica was affected, but likely they could have had the same Pre-Cat installed.

So Toyota did the decent thing and extended the warranty significantly (personally, from my -limited- understanding of the issue, removing the pre-cat FOC would have made more sense?)

Charlie, it WOULD have been on the MR2 Roadster you had as your is pre-Facelift, but like 2ADs, only the unlucky were affected, I guess.

I happened to read about this as looking at the MR2 Roadster as a potential purchase, and like a sensible dude, checking the forums for issues :). MR2 or the Mazda MX-5 are candidates so far :driving:

Oh, and back on-topic ... I never noticed any examples of your posts being snubbed, Martin :no: I have noticed the forum is generally a lot quieter recently so that could be a reason why some of your - and many others - posts may seem to be 'ignored'?

Its been so quiet lately I was thinking of starting another engine or oil thread .!!!

JOKING !!!...............................................honest.

Its been so quiet lately I was thinking of starting another engine or oil thread .!!!

JOKING !!!...............................................honest.

You Better be!!! :bash::chair::gun_bandana:

:goof:

Agree with that one Charlie, it was like a Morg on here yesterday. I even ended up reading the Iq forum which has some superb posters on it!!!!!!

Regards Clare

Go on start a New Oil thread I dare you!!!!!!!

"MR2 or the Mazda MX-5 are candidates so far :driving:"

You starting a hairdressing business Hoovie :unsure:

"Oh, and back on-topic ... I never noticed any examples of your posts being snubbed, Martin :no: I have noticed the forum is generally a lot quieter recently so that could be a reason why some of your - and many others - posts may seem to be 'ignored'? "

Longer days, light evenings. Folk are out and about doing stuff :thumbsup:

Blue who? :lol:

I get the impression that I need to clear the air with a few people although I am not entirely sure what I have done wrong except voice my opinion on a particular subject a few months ago about replacement engines/oil consumption which we are all entitled to do without getting a complete slating. That is the general idea of forums, people agree & disagree, some where for people to voice their opinion rightly or wrongly without getting burnt at the stake!!

I say this because since voicing my opinion any posts that I comment on seem to become dead (not that I am posting complete *******) and individuals who used to phone or e-mail me have stopped where as prior to my opinion/comment people would comment//contact me/thread continue.

I was under the impression that this was not some kind of click, it was some where that I could good advice from, some where that I could make some good friends and some where that the general idea is to help each other out as per any other forum.

Was I wrong in my thoughts as from where I am stood now I appear to have been locked out?

Also, Martin, bear in mind that since the site has been "improved" quite a few folk can't be bothered to visit so often. And of course the powers that be refuse to accept that their efforts have perhaps not been as brilliant as they think........so some of us vote with our feet (or should that be keyboards?).

You just post what you want and if it doesn`t please some......F... `em :D

Also, Martin, bear in mind that since the site has been "improved" quite a few folk can't be bothered to visit so often. And of course the powers that be refuse to accept that their efforts have perhaps not been as brilliant as they think........so some of us vote with our feet (or should that be keyboards?).

Jim.. You have to Email someone... Wont make a sod of difference but that all We can do !!!!

Don't ask me, I can pull the engine of your car to bits and make it run again after but computers and servers are witchcraft. Never trust a box full of liqourice allsorts - especially if it has 240 volts in it.

As for cliques, we are all in one - the TOC clique and as soon as somebody joins and posts for the first time they are in!!!

Its more of an elite fighting force :chair::gun_bandana::hammer: .

Whatever is said in the heat of the moment :argue::bash: is done and when it matters we look after each other - even our tiny IQ friends

:group-cuddles: :meet: :hug::cheers:

Jim.. You have to Email someone... Wont make a sod of difference but that all We can do !!!!

Life's too short, Charlie. Anyway, why didn't they just leave well enough alone? The orig site was fine; now they expect us to send emails to people who couldn't understand that what they had was perfectly OK?

MCN made the same mistake a few years back & lost 80% of their members. Site's never been the same. These clowns are going the same way. Oh ****! I sense a moderator coming after me!!!!

I don't think the management are out to irritate anyone for the sake of it. I would have thought the intentions were good.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance that I'm not being locked out as I put it, me being paranoid is the obvious answer!! :P

Charlie, as for not being around, you are right, my wife and I got knocked sideways last month when our big, strong & handsome German Shepherd had a massive stroke totally out of no where and died in front of me in our home without me being able to do any thing about it :crybaby: . We don't have any children so our dogs are our kids & they come every where with us and make up a massive part of our lives so as you can imagine this left us very emotional and probably made me think that I was being ignored in some instances - not that I like to be the centre of attention - just things like this play havoc with your mind.

Thanks again for the kind words, they are appreciated and it's nice to be a part of a great community :thumbsup:

as you can imagine this left us very emotional ... just things like this play havoc with your mind.

Hi Martin - nail hit squarely - things like that knock everything sideways.

Best wishes and looking forward to more photos and car detailing tips from you and Charley. :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links