Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Skirt Thingy

craggle

Hi All

Thinking of getting myself the lower skirt that fits on the back of the car and lowers the rear bumper a bit.

Found the fitting instructions here and it all looks straight forward enough to tackle myself so have started looking at prices. Simple I thought, get on eBay again and order one from Japan or the States for half the price of the UK one like I did for the roof spoiler, but no, Can't find any.

Does anyone know if the lower skirt is a Europe only thing and anyone know the part number for one finished in Silver? The part number on the fitting instructions is for an unfinished one for painting but it would be nice to get it supplied the right colour.

I see there are some listed on eBay from Pentagon Toyota so could contact them if needed and see if they can get a silver one.

Also if anyone has one fitted and has any pictures, can you post them please, just want to make sure I really like it before shelling out over £200 for one.

Cheers

Craig.

post-116364-0-16388500-1335472802_thumb.

Craig

Beware if you currently have rear mudflaps. They interfere with the skirt meaning either mudflaps or skirt have to be trimmed.

Dave

Here is a picture of mine that I took some time ago, sorry it is not the full width of the car in the shot.

I bought it in primer and painted it black as I wanted a contrast to the body colour.

John

post-33806-0-63234300-1335475044_thumb.j

Thanks for the picture John, Very helpful and I can see you have the mudflaps too so can see they will need changing a bit.

Going to drop into my local dealer later so will see if they can give me a price for a silver pre-painted one but if not I'll get a primed one and spray it silver myself.

Will have to change the exhaust pipe as well and add a tail pipe trim to bring it out the back. I think the triangular one is for the 1.0 models so might not fit my car?

Cheers

Craig.

There used to be a number of different exhaust finishers available ie one for the 1.0, one for the 1.0 with skirt, one for the 1.3, and one for the 1.3 with skirt.

They were all triangular originally.

I am not sure what is available now, but a finisher is deinitely required if you fit a skirt as there is a recess for the finisher and it looks daft without it.

John

Oh yeah, Your right John, Just looked at the Toyota Tech site and there are 4 different exhaust trims for use with and without the skirt and one for the 1.3, NGJ10 engines with the skirt. It has a much bigger opening where it clamps to the exhaust because of the polished tailpipe trim already on there.

http://www.toyota-te...kirt_1.33cc.pdf

So that adds another £60 to my bill then.... ;-)

Craig.

Just a word of warning. I've found that Pentagon are more expensive than going to your local dealer, well they was compared to mine.

Fish

Oh yeah, Your right John, Just looked at the Toyota Tech site and there are 4 different exhaust trims for use with and without the skirt and one for the 1.3, NGJ10 engines with the skirt. It has a much bigger opening where it clamps to the exhaust because of the polished tailpipe trim already on there.

http://www.toyota-te...kirt_1.33cc.pdf

So that adds another £60 to my bill then.... ;-)

Craig.

Another word of caution Craig re. the finishers.

When I bought my first IQ2 three years ago I ordered the exhaust finisher suitable for the "non skirt" body, but unfortunately found if fitted according to the Toyota AIM instructions it ended up pointing at an odd angle to the ground quite a long way from the lip on the lower edge of the rear valance.

looked very odd.

So I modified it by drilling and tapping new mounting holes for the allen screws that hold it on so I could adjust the angle to a more acceptable position.

looked fine then.

Then I bought a new IQ2, ordered and fitted the rear skirt, and also ordered the exhaust finisher suitable for use with the skirt.

Unfortunately once again it just could not be fitted in such a way as to look "right", even following the instructions, so I had to resort to using my "non skirt" modified finisher which I had taken off my previous IQ before selling it.

It now looks fine.

This is not satisfactory of course, and you may be lucky and find the finisher fits perfectly at the correct angle first time, but I certainly wasn't.

I don't mind a bit of metalwork, and I don't think you do either, but for the price the blasted things should fit precisely first time.

If you order one through a local dealer then at least you could take it back if you find it is a really bad fit.

Hopefully they have got their act together and supply finishers that actually fit properly now.

John

Cheers Guys

I'm popping into my local dealer tonight to get the service record signed and stamped for my mileage change so will ask them for prices of the skirt and the exhaust trim. I can quote part numbers so hopefully a simple thing to find out.

No problem doing a bit of metal work to make it perfect but as you say, should really fit for the cost!

Wonder if the differences are in the exhaust pipes rather than the add on trim? Perhaps exhausts are made on a bending machine that maybe varies a bit with different material or operators?

I'll let you know how I get on later.

Craig.

Right, Dropped in the dealer on the way back and got my Mileometer change page in the service manual filled in and stamped.

Apparently the lower skirt comes in a host of pre-finished colours but Silver 1F7 isn't one of them. Chap said you can get amathyst and black ones easy enough but silver doesn't seem to be an option so looks like I need to get the primed grey one and paint it myself.

So prices were...

Lower skirt in primed grey PZ402-I0640-AB £186.58

Exhaust tip finisher for 1.3 engines with skirt PZ467-I9491-00 £45.26

Tin of 1F7 Silver paint £6.08 (Might need 2 tins and will need some lacquer)

All prices plus VAT so total to do the job is £285.50 and a bit more if I need more paint.

Just checked on eBay and the skirt on there is a couple of quid lower but the exhaust trim is £10 more so not too bad really. Think I'll wait till next week when I get paid again and go and order them up. :)

Craig.

Here is a picture of mine that I took some time ago, sorry it is not the full width of the car in the shot.

I bought it in primer and painted it black as I wanted a contrast to the body colour.

John

Thinking of adding the black one to mine too . .

Craig, how about fitting a black one and seeing how that looks before spraying it. Contrast is the way forward. :)

Fish

• 11 years later...

Bumping this, anyone know where to find this?

Please don't bump super old threads

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links