Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Starlet Sr Alarm Problem

Toby

Can anyone help. I have been having continous problems with my alarm on my starlet sr. It usually works but it takes time for the sensor to find the signal and lock and alarm the car. Now its stopped working completely and my car is'nt alarmed I've tried changing the Battery but it hasn't done anything. Does anyone know whats wrong??? Im sure it has nothing to do with the sensor. I ran my Battery flat a few days ago, could tbis be why its stopped working? Cheers toby

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Toby,

Which Battery did you change - the remote handset one or the engine Battery.

If it was the handset one - remove the negative lead off the engine Battery for 60 seconds and then reconnect - the alarm should sound if it is a battery back-up type alarm.

Press and hold the arming button on the remote control for 15 seconds to reprogram the "rolling code encryption" on the alarm.

This should re-synchronise the hand set/alarm module after the battery change.

Hope this helps you

:thumbsup:

if it's TVSS III, you may need to re code the fobs to the car

Find the TVSS III ECU, there should be a security bracket held in with one screw and one rivet. remove this plate. you should find the connector and a small green button. press and hold this button until the red LED stays on (usually around 5 secs) press both buttons together until flashers activate once. try arming. it should lock the doors. if not let me know

note: do this with all doors, bonnet etc SHUT!

• 1 month later...

hi, i have a avensis 1.8 from 98, and want to re-code my keys for seccurity..

where can i find the ECU unit in my avensis? Will the procedure have to be done for every key I have?

Thanks!

Julian

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

i was doing a search on TVSS III for my Carina because i am despeerate to get the alarm to work and i came across this site.

I seem to be experiencing the same problem as Toby but also the alarm/siren doesn't go off at all. The lights go off though but not the alarm. Also the remote only works if i am just inches from the car. Could anyone tell me what needs to be done? (apart from bringing it over to a dealer).

Also i would like to know if it's normal to take at least 3-4 minutes get the rev from 2,000 rpm to about 800 rpm. And it happens not just in the morning but whenever the engine is cold. Cheers!

PYNES

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links