Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Transplanting Of Paseo Engine

hubbahubba

I have an engine / transmission from a 93 Paseo and I would like to know if they can be transplanted into other toyota models (particularly a 93 Tercel). I have enough technical abilities to do computer transplant into other models. I would like to know if the engine / transmission have compatible (or even similar) mounting and output shaft placements.

am pretty sure its the same engine, esp cos they are both early models, they are probably both run off distributors, might have to swap some mounts from one to the other but suspect its the same block anyway. try tercelonline.com for a more definate answer

not the same engine. the paseo motor is a dual cam that makes around 110 hp at the flywheel. the tercel motor is a single cam that makes around 82 at the flywheel. the tercel comes with a 4 speed manual at best and the paseo came with the 5 speed. it will be an improvement. enjoy it, it sould be an easy bolt in swap.

vince

91-94 tercel is the 3ee 82hp SOHC motor...92-95 paseo's use a 5e-fe 100hp DOHC motor. The motor bolts right in. You might want to get your hands on a paseo ECU because the weak overly economized maps of the 3ee ECU would mean you would b running at far below 100hp...BTW some 91-94 tercels did in fact come with the 5 speed.. my uncle has one in his 94. the 5 speed and the 4 speed both bolt right up. Good luck on your swap

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links