Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Miles To A Tank

Paul Foreman

I have a 1.6 petrol Auris and I reset the odometer and fill in 46 litres (10 gallons).

I get 400 with town driving and a motorway trip of around 150 miles.

What is your tank capacity? If it's 23 litres then you're doing very well.

Cheers

To be honest I don't really look at how far I have been, just fill up when needed.

The computer says 62.4 average MPG at the moment, that all town running as not been for a blast for a while.

I have a 2.2T180 and around town driving with the tank to the brim with v-power, i get between 330 - 380 all depending on driving style.

i have the normal hybrid at the moment of 1.8l

my tank is 45l

it should be 700 miles to a tank if i got the actual mpg lol but ofc that will never happen

You are right it will never happen because the figures quoted assume you are getting the maximum fuel economy as stated by the government tests over a entire tank full of petrol.

Many manufactures use these facts to give maximum range between fill-ups in their adverts.

Real world conditions with its 100's of variables will always be different.

You will get better MPG by using eco mode and never letting the economy gauge go into the power section.

I just don't get why people buy a economical car and then not drive as economically as they can.

im constantly in eco mod

i try and keep it always down low.. its hard tho.. whenever your going along nicely then it gets sodded up by some idiot behind forcing you to go along a bit quicker

Its all part of the joy of hybrid motoring :lol:

Is this 62.4 average is in great condition?

Is this 62.4 average is in great condition?

No 100% sure what the question is.

That's what the computer says for this tank full after 18 hours of driving (the car display's how long its been switched on) around town with lots of short trips from cold each way.

Still got just over a quarter of a tank to go so hope to get more MPG when I drive out of town tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine usually shows a cruise range of approx 800km (500mls) on filling - running it to an indicated "empty" takes approx 675km (420mls) and requires a 37.5 litres fill-up, namely there is a 7.5 litre reserve or another 125km (80mls) running on "empty". Majority of my motoring is on cruise control on motorways

My car is averaging 67 mpg at the moment it's a 1.4D4D, on the motorway I get another couple of mpg but that's about it...it drops to 62 mpg if I do a lot of start stops...I don't drive it hard and try to feather everything including the lights....I am having a competition with my wife and her Yaris touch and go 1.4D4D and she averages 66 mpg including most motorway.

Whilst my car loves the sixth gear my wife has problems in sixth, her car is mapped wrong and sixth gear robs her of mpg. I would hope that a recent report I sent to Toyota might bring about a free remap of the ecu to aid the sixth gear and better mpg, we will wait and see.

At least your hybrids are better than my standard 1.6 petrol Auris that does about 330 miles to a full tank...

Tempted to go for a hybrid next time...

At least your hybrids are better than my standard 1.6 petrol Auris that does about 330 miles to a full tank...

I too have the 1.6 but get about 400 to a tank. Whilst the hybrid is more economic you have to bear in mind the significant premium on the price of the hybrid will mean its some time before you break even...

I too have the 1.6 but get about 400 to a tank. Whilst the hybrid is more economic you have to bear in mind the significant premium on the price of the hybrid will mean its some time before you break even...

Thats good isnt it at 400 mile for a full tank.... Is that motorway or round town etc?????

450 miles with one bar left from full tank, motorway miles 2.0 Diesel, didnt take the risk as I had family with me.

Dont know how much fuel or miles left when it reads low fuel?

About 50 50. The motorway driving is usually around 85 mph because of lead foot. I should say i have the newer 1.6 valvematic engine. 400 gets me to the petrol light where i think you still have about two gallons left?

2009 1.6l Petrol

Calculated 38MPG but trip says 40MPG on the car and got 400 miles out of the tank and filled it with 45litres.

This was with a 300mile motorway trip and my 10 mile daily commute.

You have to remember that with hybrids that on the motorway you are technically driving a car that is lugging around batteries!

2012 1.8L Hybrid

I have just made a fuel-up with 35L having 765km (~480 miles) achieved since last fuel-up (combined motorway - city), thus an average consumption of 4,6L/100km (~62MPG).

Interesting is that just before that, my warning display showed "LOW FUEL" and the last fuel bar started blinking, thus it seems that as the reservoir has 45L there is a reserve of ~10L or close to 2 gallons, which seems a lot (Cruise range displayed was 25km or 15miles - still I think you may drive additional 100miles, while after fuel-up it showed 810km or 500miles).

I think the low fuel light comes on quite early on these cars which is no bad thing I guess. When I see the light I just reset the "B" trip odometer and then fill up once that reads about 50 miles...

My 2.2 D4-D is averaging 440 mls for approx 48 litres, that's a mix of A road commuting at 40-60 mph & a longer 75 mile trip on A/B roads + a short dual carriageway section. The low fuel light tends to come on around that point, but I know it will do at least 50 mls more because it's a 55 litre tank.

I get around 450 a tank and I still have some in the tank, approx 47mpg, in my Auris 2L diesel. I dont plan on changing to a hybrid- I dont think its worth the premium.

For me these fuel figures are bad, my wife had the Auris hybrid she used to get reasonable fuel figures, but I used it for a few days and drove it like My 2,0 diesel Astra I had then and the Auris did 36mpg, no mater how hard I drove the astra it did 700mile to a tank approx 50 to 55 litres. and the Insignia I had after was just as good considering its size.

My wife has the IQ now which she manages to get 60+ mpg out of. so for me I don't think the Hybrid is worth it unless you are in city driving a lot or stuck in a traffic jam!!

Blimey....400 to the tank? My 2.0 D4-D gives around 460 miles to the tank...maybe a bit more if I driver carefully and that's 90% motorway driving!

I get around 450 a tank and I still have some in the tank, approx 47mpg, in my Auris 2L diesel. I dont plan on changing to a hybrid- I dont think its worth the premium.

Ditto..I get around 47 mpg showing on the fuel computer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links