Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rav4.3 Ev Priced Up For Us Market

Joylove

http://www.autoblog.com/2012/05/07/toyota-rav4-ev-priced-at-49-800/

Announced almost two years ago, Toyota finally gave us some more details about the was the all-electricRAV4 EV will be sold to the general public during the 26th Electric Vehicle Symposium in Los Angeles today. The important number? The MSRP for what Toyota calls a "fully equipped" RAV4 EV is $49,800 and will be available before the end of the year.

Toyota says the RAV4 EV's range is 100 miles and that the car will charge from empty in approximately six hours on a 240V/40A charger. The new RAV4 EV has LED and halogen headlights and it has special "environmental blue" color emblems on the outside. The vehicle will be made at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada, Inc., plant in Woodstock, Ontario

With a battery and powertrain designed by Tesla, the new RAV4 EV certainly appears to be one of the new breed of compliance EVs. We had heard that the RAV4 EV will be lease only, but the official press release says the car "will go on sale in late summer 2012 through select dealers, initially in four major California metropolitan markets." Those markets are Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Los Angeles/Orange County and San Diego and the news matches the rumor we heard last year, that sales about be limited to California. In all, Toyota hopes to sell just 2,600 units in the next three years.

toyotarav4evopt.jpg

£32,000 for 100 mile range hmm. I was hoping for the 300 mile range Tesla is aiming for on the model S mind that is being priced at a bonkers $100k!?!

Sadly if it's being made in America it won't come in anywhere near that due to VAT and other fees.

What did surprise me was that they kept the under floor storage rather than fill it with batteries. I bet that 100 miles is more like 80 miles in the real world too.

What did surprise me was that they kept the under floor storage rather than fill it with batteries. I bet that 100 miles is more like 80 miles in the real world too.

That limited range isn't very practical. I wonder what the difference is between flat lands and hilly areas? Wouldn't be smart to get it wrong if you lived atop a hill. Wots the voltage drop on a half mile long charging lead? :ermm:

toyotarav4evopt.jpg

Silly place to park....

I guess parking is dependent on where you are when the Battery goes flat.............................. :ermm:

I guess parking is dependent on where you are when the battery goes flat.............................. :ermm:

Ha ha! very true... I'm not sold on electric cars it has to be said...

toyotarav4evopt.jpg

Silly place to park....

It looks soooooo dull,un inspiring no real features.....yuk

I think Toyota have lost their way a little now.....shame

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links