Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Top Gear

crofter

Question raised on another page.

What do members think.

I stopped watching ages ago,it seemed to me to be a show about one man's ego.

Maybe a poll?

Del

It's basically just three blokes having a laugh doing stuff that is vaguely to do with cars.

I still watch it because it's entertaining - It has some funny, some insightful, and a lot of "Oh my god what bunch of an idiots!" :lol:, although it's a bit annoying it's only like, 6 episodes per season now (Seriously, what's up with that?!)

The more serious side that Old Top Gear did is what 5th Gear now is.

Stopped watching it when that over inflated egotistical ****** suggested that my family watch me being shot by firing squad

Stopped watching it when that over inflated egotistical ****** suggested that my family watch me being shot by firing squad

Yeah but it was only a joke ;)

Jeremy Clarkson is brillient!!!!! There should be more of him on TV :yes:

Jeremy for Priminister!!!! :clap:

There just jokes that fly over some peoples heads on here....... So I suggest you stick to watching things like Brum and Roary the racing car :lol: :lol2:

Should it continue ?

Wye aye its the `Last of the Summer wine` on wheels and always a miss when a series finishes.

They`ve had some really great specials, once in a life time experiences and getting paid for it. :)

If there is one program I really cannot stand, it is "Last of the Summer Wine" as it happens.

Top Gear gives me the same feelings and I very rarely watch Top Gear due to the 3 Egos presenting it.

If only Rory Bremner Rory McGrath joined them, it would be perfect as would give one place to avoid them all.

Edit: got my Rorys mixed up!

There just jokes that fly over some peoples heads on here....... So I suggest you stick to watching things like Brum and Roary the racing car :lol: :lol2:

This was posted to see what peoples opinions were,not to slate members who you seem to consider morons because they do not agree with yours,Jed,mate

Tell me I am wrong on this and that you posted it as your kind of Joke

Differences of opinion can lead to many things, some of which lead to a lively debate.

That was my reason for posting what I did.

Del

I don't think he suggested a whole firing squad - that would have been a bit over the top!

Seriously though, it is entertaining, in a brain out, very un-PC, way. I went through the "I wouldn't watch that crap" phase but I'm older & dafter now and can appreciate irony so much better......

I don't think he suggested a whole firing squad - that would have been a bit over the top!

Seriously though, it is entertaining, in a brain out, very un-PC, way. I went through the "I wouldn't watch that crap" phase but I'm older & dafter now and can appreciate irony so much better......

Good point - However, I find Top Gear more and more irritating as as I get older and dafter I find stupidity and idiocy so less entertaining

The only good thing about Top Gear is that I understand it is a new earner for the BBC, so while it stays that way, let it continue (long as Rory Mcgrath AND the entire cast of all the 'reality' TV shows join - now that is a program I really WOULD pay NOT to watch)

This was posted to see what peoples opinions were,not to slate members who you seem to consider morons because they do not agree with yours,Jed,mate

Differences of opinion can lead to many things, some of which lead to a lively debate.

Del

Yer heading for a brick wall with The Green Phlegmie there, Mucker Del.....those with a brain realise your intentions in originally posting, which gives me the opporchancity to voice my opinion on that programme.....what a shot of lite !!!!

Big Kev :thumbsup:

Del

Yer heading for a brick wall with The Green Phlegmie there, Mucker Del.....those with a brain realise your intentions in originally posting, which gives me the opporchancity to voice my opinion on that programme.....what a shot of lite !!!!

"spot of life"? Excellent description. Well said, that man!!

See its flying over your heads again :D

That was my opinion :thumbsup:

Or do opinions have to agree with the Cliquesters of this forum.....

Keep up the good work Top gear :clap:

Del

"spot of life"? Excellent description. Well said, that man!!

:clap:

I like Top Gear.... OK it may not be perfect but its better than the rubbish on most of the time...

I have a system with telly programmes.. If I like it I watch it.. If I dont I dont.......

Yeah, so was his comment about truck drivers all being prostitute killers...

The man is a total tit. The show is watchable, mainly for James Mays regular "Permission to say *****", but Clarkson can have a bullet for all I care. He is a tactless dinosaur of a an age forgot, and as each year and season goes by it shows all the more.

I wonder how much he earns to drive around in dream cars all day and write or say a few words about them? I bet he has a pretty tidy sum ready for his retirement.

It's not that I begrudge him it, I just think he should have a little more respect for people who do real jobs for real hours a week and earn a just few percent of his ridiculous salary!

I have a system with telly programmes.. If I like it I watch it.. If I dont I dont.......

Pure genius!!!

I had a similar epiphany with light switches...

If it's dark I flick the switch, if its light, I don't!!! ;)

When I was teenager I used to avidly devour any information that was published about any cars and attended launches of new models etc and never missed an Earls Court Motor Show.

But I now consider my car as just a form of transport even though not any model will do.

I must admit that this deminishing passion may be part of the reason I do'nt watch motoring programmes like I used to.

Hey Ho. thats life.

Del

I must admit they can be annoying and irritating but there are some moments of sheer genius like car trains, robin reliant spaceship, rally cross for the price of golf sticks and the luftwaffer powered car.

Another crackin moment was driving super cars through tunnels in Budapest and their trade mission to India when they tried to put posters on the side of the train while moving.

When I was teenager I used to avidly devour any information that was published about any cars and attended launches of new models etc and never missed an Earls Court Motor Show.

But I now consider my car as just a form of transport even though not any model will do.

I must admit that this deminishing passion may be part of the reason I do'nt watch motoring programmes like I used to.

Hey Ho. thats life.

Del

55 and retired now but still have a massive passion for anything with an engine !! I always have and always will love My cars... Dont matter how old or crackers I get I will always remain the same.......

Mt Rav is until I can find someone daft enough to buy it as You say Del... Just transport....

My Jag and remaining bikes make Me smile when I use them (Not often !)

Transport

IsleofSkyeSeptember2011077.jpg

Pleasure...

070.jpg

078.jpg

ChuckHstock98-2.jpg017.jpg

Picture021-5.jpg

Yeah, so was his comment about truck drivers all being prostitute killers...

The man is a total tit. The show is watchable, mainly for James Mays regular "Permission to say *****", but Clarkson can have a bullet for all I care. He is a tactless dinosaur of a an age forgot, and as each year and season goes by it shows all the more.

I wonder how much he earns to drive around in dream cars all day and write or say a few words about them? I bet he has a pretty tidy sum ready for his retirement.

It's not that I begrudge him it, I just think he should have a little more respect for people who do real jobs for real hours a week and earn a just few percent of his ridiculous salary!

Superb summupification ben min. :thumbsup:

Yep.....Top Gears for me.

Never miss it, Clarkson's opinions can be a bit blunt....and he airs his opinions,and he gets away with it.....and the audience applaud him.

Hammond should stick to presenting Top Gear , not wildlife shows.

James is very inteligent,a mind of information....fascinates me.

I even had a Top Gear 40th birthday cake....It was great ! ! !

I love how the people hating on Clarkson spit just as much bile as hey accuse him of :lol:

And that firing squad thing is taken so out of context. If you watch the whole thing interview, he actually supports the strikes, but then he says "Oh, but this is the BBC so there must be balance..." and then spouts the firing squad bit.

It's amazing how few people in this country apparently know what SARCASM is considering we practically wrote the book on it! :lol:

I do think he is a bit of an idiot but he'll hold his hands up when he's proven wrong and it's nice to see someone who is such an antithesis of, say, the simpering backstabbing **** politicians that run this country.

Never laughed so much as when Clarkson repeatedly tipped the Robin Reliant over. On every bend and had to be righted again. Absolute stupidity, but also hilarious.

It is just three blokes pi55ing about, but who wouldn't swap places with them and be just as daft?

Also, the haters seem to know too much?! Perhaps they watch secretly so they can complain about the license fee.

Dave

Yep that Robin 3 wheeler.....pure class......he just looked so daft in it.......

Seems a lot of people just don't get their humor?

Oliver :lol: :lol2:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links