Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Corolla Verso 2.0 D-4D Sprint - Fuel Consumption?

Seeker2012

Hi All

I am a new user to this forum and a new owner of a 2005 TCV 2.0 D-4D. When I decided to buy this car I thought that the MPG seemed ok. Probably had the car for 15 days now, as brought it from a second hand dealer, who advised me that the diesel tank capacity was around 54 Litres. However on more than two occassions now I can't seem to get more than 45 litres of diesel, that costs me around £65. I use the car for a commute to work and use it for shopping chords. Mileage to work and back is around 30 miles a day. So far from a full tank I was told that I would get 330 miles on the visual display (speedo). But I have got 8 days at work, which equivalent to abt 240 miles and just over 100 miles shopping around. I was in denial that the fuel had gone after 10 days. So my friends my question is

a) why can I only fill in 45 l when the capacity should take 10 lit res more?

P.S. When my reserve light came on I was advised that I could only travel another 10 miles

I hope someone could help me here, hope I am doing something wrong as it will be tough for me to continue at this rate!!!

Cheers

Ckya

Whats the big worry about how much fuel you can get in the tank ??

Theres probably 10 litres in reserve after the tank reads zero, you`ll only find out if you ever run out.

Work out by `brim to brim` actually how many mpg your getting, it should be anywhere from 35-55 depending on your driving and conditions.

When was the car last serviced ?

cheers for that,ive had the car for 2 weeks now it was last serviced a mth before that.My question is why is the consumption so high,ive been driving easy just wonder why it shows 15 miles on reserve if it can store 8 to 10 litres and not display it?

.My question is why is the consumption so high,ive been driving easy just wonder why it shows 15 miles on reserve if it can store 8 to 10 litres and not display it?

A safety net, the display is only an rough guide.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links