Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Alarm Internal Sensor On The Iq?

craggle

Hi Chaps

Silly question perhaps but as I don't have the handbook with me here thought I'd ask the question.

If I park my car in a very secure location right outside my office window and want to leave the windows down a bit for ventilation, Can I? Does the iQ have an internal sensor for the alarm that will sound every time a slight breeze blows through the windows?

I know the simple answer is try it but don't want to annoy any other people in the building :)

Cheers

Craig.

There isnt any air movement sensors in the iQ so you can leave the windows open

David

Excellent, Cheers David.

I didn't try it today but will leave them open a bit when parked at work next week assuming the hot weather continues. Saves cooking the interior. :)

Cheers

Craig.

Of course you could try just winding them down and sticking your head in tomorrow

David

If you have the wind deflectors fitted you can leave the windows open about 2" without it looking like they are open, but will still get some ventilation.

No wind deflectors fitted yet but might do them in the future, buffeting at higher speeds with the windows open is quite noticeable. I know I have an aircon button but I like the wind in my hair occasionally. :)

I have now tried the windows open and locking approach at work and it is fine. No hint of alarm activity so that is good, a slightly cooler car when parked in the sun all day. :)

Craig.

Thats good. I dont have much hair so not bothered if the wind is in it or not Ha Ha

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links