Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

12V Socket

The Latman

Hey folks,

Ok I posted a while bacak about my 12v socket not working. I kinda figured the issue was with the little metal connector between the main socket and the little adapter that clips onto the side of the socket surround.

Today I gave in and bought a replacement socket kit from Toyota. It comes in 3 bits, the socket, lighter appliance and the little grey adapter that clips onto the plastic surround.

My question is, does the little metal clip on the little grey adapter have to be clipped inside the lighter appliance, or is it enough to be touching the outside of the casing?

I put it together, connected the wiring but it still doesn't work. That's why I was wondering about where the clip should go? Somebody told me they thought it was the earth?

Heeeeeeeeellllllllllllpppppp!!!

Lat

Meant to say, with the clip touching the metal appliance, the bulb lights but no power to the socket. Not sure I'm fitting this right as the socket kind of spins about!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links