Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Petrol Smell In Previa

judgedredd

<_< I have a 1991 Previa with similar problem. After my latest MOT the inspector informed me that the fuel lines were starting to corrode - this may be the cause. Is the smell more noticeable on the passenger side of the car?

I would be interested to know if you find the root of the problem.

It's all over comrade, I'm trying to get it into a garage next week to let them have a look.

One thing I have noticed is if I fill the tank up right to the limit petrol spills out near where the fuel filter is located.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem has been confirmed as one corroded pipe and one "dodgy" fuel line which are being replaced.

• 2 weeks later...

Right chaps. One of the fuel pipes was badly coroded and the other one had a self tapping screw hammered into it, both have now been replaced and my bank balance is £247 lighter!

The petrol smell has gone though.......

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 1990 H reg GL model that I use as a works van which has the same petrol smell, I asked a mate to look at it and he couldn't find anything wrong on the pipes but did find that there's a leak in the filler neck.

Next stop garage I think

get it sorted comrade! Any petrol leaking may be lying inside the trim of the car and could be a hazard.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links