Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help A Girl With A Couple Of Celica Problems Pleaseeee? :)

celica190kirsty

Hi - Bought a Celica 190 a bit ago and have been slowly giving a little tLC to bits and bobs but there are still a couple of niggles to get sorted on it that I am struggling with and wondered if anyone would be nice enough to shed a bit of light how to sort them please.

Within a day of me owning the car, both headlights decided to pop, the normal driving dipped beam H7's. Have changed them over, all clipped and sat in the only place they can sit with the retaining spring clip holding it in place however strangely the light doesnt seem to be projecting through the front lenses properly. They light up the ground in front of the car and that is about it, hit a dark road and you can see practically nothing of the road ahead without the main/full beam on. Tried the adjuster inside which is on the highest setting. Am totally puzzled why the light doesnt seem to be projected into the right place. Any ideas on this one?

My second problem is in the tracking/suspension. It veers off to the right when driving along and seems looser to let the wheel turn right than left. Had tracking done twice but hasnt solved the problems. checked the obvious wheels tyres pressures had it re tracked, still veers to the right. I notice on some uneven roads i am getting some ususual feedback where the car seems to be going all over the place so am certain something isnt right somewhere. Could this be bushes?, a track rod? wishbone perhaps a bottom arm? any suggestings from anyone whos had this kind of behavour would be a good help.

Cheers in advance :)

Hi,

Ok firstly what brand of bulbs did you buy? Secondly it sounds like they bulb might not be sat in just right. I'd suggest taking them out & putting them back in, but before you attach the retaining clip try & turn the bulb from side to side. If it can or moves more than a smidge, then it won't be in the holder properly.

I've never heard of anyone having trouble with wishbones, bottom arms etc. How are the shocks? Has the car been lowered?

I know you've had the wheel alignment done, but have you had a full 4 wheel geometry done (toe, caster, camber, thrust)?

How are the brakes? Have you notice any uneven wear on the right hand side?

Also has you have a pre-facelift 190, it might be worth while having your LIFT bolts changed. They are prone to snapping on pre-facelifts. The bolts are less than £1 each & it's not a hard job I'm told unless one or both are already snapped, then they need drilling out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi celica190kirsty,

Don't have much to offer regards your headlight problem.

Reagrds tracking/suspension - i had all the same symptoms. Turned out to be a failing (leaking grease) ball joint.

The head light bulbs are a real pain to change, you need small dainty hands or a torch and a small mirror, just a real hassle but once inplace the clips go on easily.

My celica started pulling to the left, i checked the steering/suspension/tyres all was okay, then I checked the brakes, it turned out to be rust on the edge of the disk, a small hammer and I chipped it off, cars been fine since, there was enough rust to cause the brake to bind.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links