Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Verso Brakes Need Pumping

Barra72

I have a new verso 2.0 D4D. The brakes seem soft on first application every time and much sharper on second application. It's as if they need to be pumped to get the best out of them! Also, after 5000 miles I'm only getting 40-42 mpg with mixed (mostly extra urban) driving. I was expecting 50+. Any thoughts?

I have a new verso 2.0 D4D. The brakes seem soft on first application every time and much sharper on second application. It's as if they need to be pumped to get the best out of them! Also, after 5000 miles I'm only getting 40-42 mpg with mixed (mostly extra urban) driving. I was expecting 50+. Any thoughts?

You should have any problems whatsoever with the brakes checked by the dealer.

The mpg your getting seems about right for the type of use your car is doing, my 7k Verso has an overall 52 mpg showing at present with very gentle driving religiously sticking to the `shift` lights.

Dealer said brakes are just not the best on Toyotas compared to other makers! I drive like an old man and still never exceed 50 mpg. Engine sounds rattley too for a new car. I

Dealer said brakes are just not the best on Toyotas compared to other makers! I drive like an old man and still never exceed 50 mpg. Engine sounds rattley too for a new car. I

Rattley ? :eek:

Somethings not right there, it should sound tight maybe a bit prone to some injector rattle under load.

I`ve got Archoil 9100 in the engine which quietened that down nicely.

50mpg driving like an old man around town is good, its only gentle driving long distance will get better than that.

They`re not as economical as a VAG 2.0d

Extra urban means out of town!

Extra urban means out of town!

OK Barry, I missed the `extra`

End.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links