Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 1Az-Fse Stutters/hesitates Between 1500-2000 Rpm

Sarco

Hello All,

This is my first request for help/opinion within this awesome forum.

I am the proud owner of a 2006 Avensis 2.0 L benzine with engine 1AZ-FSE with 40 000 kms on the clock.

When I bought the car with 8000kms and 2 years old at the dealer where with all maintenance done there at as until now.

I don't drive that much and I am a relaxed driver so, I don't drive like a "fireman" when the light turns green and I stick to the speed limits.

There is an annoying thing about this car that is, in 3rd or 4th gear, if driving around 50 km/h (around 1500 rpm) the car stutters/hesitates and keeps doing so until it exceeds the 2000 rpm. This only happens between 1500 and 2000 rpm, and is really noticeable because it matches the city speed limit (50 km/s). So to prevent the hesitation, whenever I change gears, I must keep the revs above 2000 rpm, which I don't like.

As you understand, it is not normal nor permits a pleasant drive because whenever driving inside city, 1500-2000 rpm is the range used mostly used this annoyance appears.

At the time of the last maintenance I mentioned this issue and I even drove with the dealer "head mechanic" who said "I don't find anything wrong, the car just needs to drive". I thought it was true, since the car doesn't drive that much. Since then I drove quite some distances (highway and city) and it has the same behavior. They connected the ODB reader which found nothing.

I am fed up with this behavior, it should drive smoothly. I got a bit disappointed with the car. :-(

Can any of you give some lights/hints of what could be causing the issue?

Many thanks,

Pedro

Pedro

hi

check with MAF sersor and sparks.

regards / Igor

• 5 months later...

Hi All,

Sorry for this late heads up. The car was serviced and had the spark plugs replaced, MAF checked and air intake cleaned and still stutters :ermm:

Since a couple of weeks, at the end of a long trip a unusual rattle noise (just like a bolt is loose and jumping) comes from the engine compartment. If I press the clutch it is "eased". I start thinking that it is related to the stutter.

It seems that I have to go back to the dealer to have it checked. What an annoyance.

Any ideas??

Thank you,

Sarco

• 3 months later...

An update about the stutturing. I replaced the tires with new ones and the sutter is gone:) It feels like a completely different car. Smooth, confortable, pleasent to drive:)

so it was a vibration / imbalance then

read all that through and was thinking coilpack or similar lol glad your sorted

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links