Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Which Oil Grade For 1.4 Petrol & Service Questions

uzyg

Hi all,

The search button on the forums doesn't seem to like finding an answer to my question so could someone help? I don't have the car manual so can't refer to that I'm afraid.

I will be getting the wife's Auris serviced and am capable of doing most of it myself. Its a 1.4 2007 petrol model and I need to know what grade is best to use as I get different suggestions from Halfords and Mobil 1 websites. I also need to know how many litres of oil the car takes.

Other than the Oil, oil filter and Air filter is it recommended to change the fuel filter (or is this usually good for 90k like my volvo). The car itself has done 56k miles and seems to be running fine. Is there a cabin/pollen filter that should be changed?

The brake discs and pads all around were replaced by Toyota last year so they should be good. Although it is hard to see the pad wear with the car having steel wheels on. Even though brakes were changed the car squeals slightly from the rear - more noticeable when reversing.

Any other recommendations that should be changed for regular service? Such as the fluids?

Thanks.

...Oh and also - Does anyone know what ACEA grade/spec the oil needs to be to meet Auris guidelines?

I buy the oil from dealer (Toyota oil, that I understood it's actually Mobil 1 oil), 5W-30 API grade SL, SM or ILSAC multigrade engine oil; 4L are enough. Oil filter is necessary to be changed too, every time when oil is changed. The interval is 9000 miles or 1 year in normal driving conditions or 5000 in heavy driving condition, city driving for instance.

Fuel filter is no need to be changed, it's situated inside fuel pump assembly, it will be changed together with fuel pump, if it's ever necessary...

Regarding air filter, it must be changed at every 25000 miles and pollen filter at every year; in owner's manual a pollen filter cleaning procedure is described, too.

Another fluid that must be changed is brake fluid, changing interval is 3 years.

I hope this helps.

Thanks tavy.

Can I ask - Is the Toyota oil you buy Fully Synthetic or Semi Synth?

Is it this one by any chance?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Toyota-5W30-Fully-Synthetic-Engine-Oil-Most-Petrol-Diesel-Turbo-Models-/110787946716?pt=UK_Vehicle_Oils_Lubricants_Fluids&hash=item19cb79e8dc#ht_1290wt_1265

Does anyone have a link or a PDF version of the Auris owners manual? I can't find it anywhere.

You're welcome !

The oil is semi synthetic.

Yes, this is the oil that I use for.

Google toy tech eu for service intervals, here in the UK the intervals for the various items mentioned are slightly different.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links