Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Cd Player Not Playing Mp3's?

aaronfife

Need some quick advice on this.

I have burn't a few different cd's in a hope that they will play, but nothing. I done a data cd, audio cd and a jukebox audio cd. What do people use in terms of cd programs to burn?

It states it has a MP3 player but I'm obviously doing something wrong? If I put a the above cds in, it just comes up 'reading' for forever and never plays. It plays normal 15 track or so cds, but I'm wanting hours of music on 1 cd. The manual isn't helpful hense asking you guys. I used to use Nero for burning cds on my old aftermarket panasonic cd player I had in my Vw Polo and have used the same program for the IQ, but it's just not happening.

Hope someone can help :)

I use standard old windows 7 as a recorder. I insert a blank CD (Has to be a CD, not a DVD) then drag my folders containing my MP3 files into the CD drive in the "My computer" window.

I then click burn disc and record it as a data disc that isn't usable again, closed session or something like that.

The files I record I keep in one folder each, normally the name of the album but as it doesn't have a data display they could be called anything. I keep it only one folder long too so don't start hiding the MP3 files away in folders within folders within folders...

Make sure they are MP3 files too as I noticed that itunes I use tends to default to MP4 files now and the car needs MP3 files. The default in itunes can be changed though if you use it.

They all work fine in my car so it can be done. :)

Craig.

Thanks Craig, just confused on how it isn't working. Will try the old windows technique and see how I go.

Cheers :)

Lke Craig says its important to close the session Have you got any of the CD's that you used to use in your VW. Just to make sure that its the latest attempts that your having problems with. Also if your using files from itunes they are MR4 with a form of drm enbedded and quite often dont play outside of their enviroment

David

Burn't through windows and didn't have any option to close the cd, so I just ejected it and it said its closing the session for us on other computers. I then put it in the car and just came up 'reading' for few minutes before I gave up. Was never this complicated on my last car. All my tracks are 'Mp3 format sound', which I've had no problems with. Hmmm....

Both David and Craig have mentioned one of the most important points, the burn needs to be done as a closed session. The unit will not read an unfinished disk.

Repeated the session through a new disc, closed the session properly, put it into car and didn't read. After 1min it came up 'No Music'. Maybe its the format of my particular music. Maybe its actually MP4 but saying 'MP3 format sound' when you hover over the selected track.

Appreciate the help folks :)

I could pop a CD in the post to you that I know plays in my car, At least you could find out if the CD player is at fault?

Any particular music you like? :)

Craig.

I assume you have the standard built in the dash CD player, not the Sat nav full display unit?

Craig.

Yes just the standard built in dash :(

And you havent put any money in it like James's little girl did last year. Lol

David

Lol I certainly haven't done that haha!! Not sure what the problem is. Going to try few things tomorrow evening and see the outcome

Now there's an idea, a coin operated car. :)

In the user manual there is a page about MP3 files on discs and gives a few rules about file paths Etc. Might be worth a read.

Craig.

When I play a CD I have created using Windows Media player the dash display says WMA not CD - Don't know if that helps.

Thanks chaps.

I think it will resort to bedtime read this evening on the types of cds :(

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links