Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Best Auris For Me 1.6 Vvt, 1.4 D4D (2014 Model Auris)

Nicolai

Greetings,

As some of you may have read, I posted a thread regarding a possible Auris HSD purchase not to long ago.

I need a family car (preferably a wagon body). I have read there will be a Wagon in 2013. Here are my thoughts:

Wagon is definitely preferred but the question relates to the choice of engine. I need auto, M/M or similar due to cerebral palsy.

Anual mileage is not that much but I want an economical car and for that reason alone I have started to consider a diesel. I will do quite a few short runs which, I know, is not good for a DPF diesel. However, I like the torque of a diesel and a Danish T dealer wrote to me and told me that the diesels have a "Soon-need-to-clean-DPF" light. This is good news as I figure I can then head on the motorway and let the DPF clean itself.

In Denmark diesel is 13 per cent cheaper than petrol. That combined with much better MPGs for the 1.4 D4D makes for a good anual saving.

What engines do you think will be available with the 2014 model? The only one I've heard about so far is a BMW 1.6 diesel. I've heard that BMW diesels are very strong and possibly the bests to cope with short trips.

I'm also considering a Kia Ceed 2012 Wagon (don't laugh): 1.6 petrol with dual cltuch gearbox 50 MPG combined and 7 year/ 90,000 miles warranty. In Denmark Toyotas only with with 3 years / 62,000 miles.

C´mon guys. Help me out here! :)

I think the problem is, not a lot is known about the new auris.

There might be a i.6 and 2.0 B.M.W. diesel and a 1.8- 2.0 petrol. They will probably offer an auto but what type and on which models is unclear.

The estate could be the last to be introduced which often happens, so a good long wait. Its all speculation.

Without wishing to get banned from this forum I would go for the Kia Ceed, good warranty and good reviews.

How about the DPF thingy?

• 2 weeks later...

I get 67 miles to the gallon on the motorway from my 1.4D4D and this drops to 60 ish round town, what more do you need...similar mpg to the Hybrid and thousands of £ cheaper to buy....why would you want a Kia, unless it was champagne based as in Kia Royal.

Oops!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links