Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Air Filter Change And Oil Usage

James Bolton

Hey everyone,

First post, so be nice. I have just bought an SR180 which at the moment is standard with just under 30k miles.

I have 3 points/questions I would love some advice on.

Air Filter Change

I have just had a look at the air filter and it is on the verge of needing a change. I realise that the SR180 gulps air and therefore I want to use a decent air filter/induction kit. Can anyone recommend a good air filter/induction kit to use? Looking to spend a reasonable (but not massive) amount of cash on this and looking for a bit of noise. Is the air filter in this model different to other models of auris as i cant find it anywhere on any lists of parts?

Oil Usage

I do a LOT of motorway miles and have done 8k miles in the last 3 months or so. However, in this time I have gone through 3ltrs of oil. There are no obvious signs of oil leaks. Are these cars famous for using a lot of oil? or have i probably got an issue?

MPG

I tend to drive quite hard but when im cruising on the motorway (about 85mph) i am getting about 35-37mpg. Is this standard or below expected? (i realise this could tie in to the old air filter).

Any answers to these issues would be much appreciated!!!

James

• 2 weeks later...

Hi James, surprised nobody has answered your questions yet (although a quick search on this forum would supply those answers ;) ).

Oil - mine uses about 1/2 a litre per 1k mls, which seems pretty reasonable to me.

Air filter - I've changed mine to a K&N panel filter at £48 if I remember correctly. It doesn't make any noise really, but you can hear it sucking in the air under heavy acceleration.

MPG - depends on a huge number of factors. Type of driver you are, roads you commute on, weather, traffic, tyre pressures, servicing, etc, blah blah blah. But given that you are doing a lot of high speed miles, 37 MPG is absolutely typical for this engine. I average 42 MPG in the summer & 38 MPG in the winter, on a mix of A & B roads. No motorways for over a 125 mls from here, lol !

Hope that helps :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links